Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eswt question

Posted by pat g on 1/23/01 at 18:51 (037167)

Does anyone know anything about the ESWT clinical studies being done at Montefiore Medical Center for pf? They are using the Orthowave Machine--how does that compare with other machines? Is it worth pursuiing this?

Re: eswt question/OrthoWave study

Nancy N on 1/24/01 at 08:21 (037198)

Pat--

I've been in the study since August. It's a 6-month study, so those of us who started at the beginning only have about a month to go. I'm not sure if they're still looking for new people or not, but you could call and ask them. I think their number is on the main ESWT page. If they are still looking for people, you should know that it's 5 or 6 visits over the course of the 6 months--2 treatments two weeks apart, then two six-week follow-ups, and then the final visit at 6 months. I live in NJ, but the train fare to NY is still far less than the treatment would be otherwise, and I've found both of the doctors there to be fantastic. It's being done by the Orthopedists this time (I don't know what type of doctors have done the other studies)

There are several other people on the board who are in the study, so if you have other questions, just let us know.

Re: eswt question/OrthoWave study

Nancy N on 1/24/01 at 08:21 (037198)

Pat--

I've been in the study since August. It's a 6-month study, so those of us who started at the beginning only have about a month to go. I'm not sure if they're still looking for new people or not, but you could call and ask them. I think their number is on the main ESWT page. If they are still looking for people, you should know that it's 5 or 6 visits over the course of the 6 months--2 treatments two weeks apart, then two six-week follow-ups, and then the final visit at 6 months. I live in NJ, but the train fare to NY is still far less than the treatment would be otherwise, and I've found both of the doctors there to be fantastic. It's being done by the Orthopedists this time (I don't know what type of doctors have done the other studies)

There are several other people on the board who are in the study, so if you have other questions, just let us know.