Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ionto Phoresis???

Posted by Cheryl on 1/24/01 at 10:36 (037207)

Hello my P F friends....it has been awhile since I have visited this or any boards...I have had computer problems with three teenagers and me using it you can imagine!!anyway as some of you know i had surgery open release in September and I am feeling alot better with pain only at the end of the day if I have been walking or standing to much . But I am still not completeley better soo i take Bob G's advice and rest alot..too much my butt is getting wider by the day!!I want to go back to work I miss my buddies and the money I am slowly getting into debt the disabilty check is not enough for me to live the way i want too. my doctor said yesterday that he will reluctantly let me go back to work March 1st only 4-6 hours a day and with a job change..but b/4 that he wants me to try this new thing that a machine puts medicine into my foot?? anyone heard of it? anyone tried it? I refuse to get another cortisone shot He wants me to get it to break up the scar tissue but I rub it daily in hopes it won't get bad..any infomation on this procedure would be appreciated....and too Laurie R I hope you are not hurting today...my prayers and well wishes are with you...

Re: Ionto Phoresis???

lenore r on 1/24/01 at 13:12 (037224)

hi cheryl , i have had this done several times in pt. they put the medicine on the electrods and then its just like electrical stymulation that sends the meds through the skin. i personally cant say how well it worked cause im still having pain but anything is worth a try!!

Laurie R on 1/24/01 at 14:48 (037229)

Hi Cherly,
Good to see you back on the board. I also had the ionto .It is used for imflammation .Sorry to tell ya it did nothing for me ,but again I think their is more going on with my foot then PF. It does not hurt to try it may be the thing that is going to help . I am so glad to hear that your pain is down and that your surgery worked. Very good news. Thank you again for your kind words to me. They really mean alot. I will email you soon. My very best to you Cheryl.Laurie R

Kay S on 1/24/01 at 19:21 (037262)

Hi Cheryl. I had iontopheresis a couple of different times, and though it didn't help me that much, it didn't hurt either, so just on the chance that it may help............I'd go ahead and try it. It takes about 30 minutes for both feet, and as long as your insurance is covering it, it is worth trying. However, I never heard that it actually breaks up scar tissue. I thought the idea was to force the medicine into the soft tissue and supposedly it has an anti-inflammatory effect. It is like having a cortisone injection without the injection.
Good luck.
Kay

lenore r on 1/24/01 at 13:12 (037224)

hi cheryl , i have had this done several times in pt. they put the medicine on the electrods and then its just like electrical stymulation that sends the meds through the skin. i personally cant say how well it worked cause im still having pain but anything is worth a try!!

Laurie R on 1/24/01 at 14:48 (037229)

Hi Cherly,
Good to see you back on the board. I also had the ionto .It is used for imflammation .Sorry to tell ya it did nothing for me ,but again I think their is more going on with my foot then PF. It does not hurt to try it may be the thing that is going to help . I am so glad to hear that your pain is down and that your surgery worked. Very good news. Thank you again for your kind words to me. They really mean alot. I will email you soon. My very best to you Cheryl.Laurie R

Kay S on 1/24/01 at 19:21 (037262)

Hi Cheryl. I had iontopheresis a couple of different times, and though it didn't help me that much, it didn't hurt either, so just on the chance that it may help............I'd go ahead and try it. It takes about 30 minutes for both feet, and as long as your insurance is covering it, it is worth trying. However, I never heard that it actually breaks up scar tissue. I thought the idea was to force the medicine into the soft tissue and supposedly it has an anti-inflammatory effect. It is like having a cortisone injection without the injection.
Good luck.
Kay