Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm also cured, cured, cured.

Posted by jan on 1/24/01 at 12:48 (037223)

I suffered for 1.5 years and am 100% pain free.
I wrote in a few weeks ago about a tape test.
I questioned whether my orthotics were effective so I removed them and taped my feet. My doc remade my orthotics (for the 3rd time). This time he did them by hand (previous pairs were machine made).
Anyway, got them back 3 weeks ago. They were very different then the previous pairs, really high in the arch (a good inch). At first, they were very hard to wear. They really pushed up on just behind the joint of the big toe.
But, I didn't notice any pulling at the usual PF spot (off the calcaneous). 3 days later I was able to walk 14 blocks. I had some mild dull discomfort but prior to those, I couldn't have walked 2 blocks.
By the end of the week, my achilles tendonitis was gone and my calves no longer hurt. Still had no typical PF pain.
It's been 3 and I'm still pain free. I'm taking it slowly, with small tests.

I'm doing all kinds of normal things, grocery shopping, housework, walking the dog. I can now stand, pain free, to shower (I've been taking baths for 7 months!). Nothing big. But these were not things I could do comfortably a month ago.

Of course, I won't be heading to the gym any time soon. But, I won't be staying home pouting with my feet up either. The depression lifts immediately. Like a huge weight has been removed.

I had tried absolutely everything else prior to this (except shots). Everything either made me worse or did very, very little. Fixing the inserts made me 100% pain free within a week.

Please, please, please, please. Don't assume what your doc has done is right. Test it every way you can. The molds could have been made wrong, the orthotics could be wrong. I assumed he'd done it right the 2nd time. I wasted 8 months of my life in unnecessary hell. If you want to know about my tape test either search this site for my previouse post or email me: jcooper@gers.com .

Re: I'm also cured, cured, cured.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/24/01 at 15:30 (037240)

Glad to see this nightmare is finally over. Make sure that the orthosis are watched for any wearing out. You should have them evaluated the next two months. Then the next six months. and then at leasat once per year.

Orthois can help the foot, they can hurt the foot. They aren't just arch supports. They are devices that control distribute and change weight bearing joints in the foot.

So wear them all the time and make sure your shoes are always in good shape

Please post again the taping test. Thanks,

Re: I'm also cured, cured, cured.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/24/01 at 15:30 (037240)

Glad to see this nightmare is finally over. Make sure that the orthosis are watched for any wearing out. You should have them evaluated the next two months. Then the next six months. and then at leasat once per year.

Orthois can help the foot, they can hurt the foot. They aren't just arch supports. They are devices that control distribute and change weight bearing joints in the foot.

So wear them all the time and make sure your shoes are always in good shape

Please post again the taping test. Thanks,