Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

1 week post orbasone

Posted by rekha.sq on 1/24/01 at 13:38 (037225)

Hi everyone....I am one week post orbasone and my feet are kind of sore...I am trying to be patient because I remember last time I had orbasone, something very similar occured.

I was wondering if it would be ok to rub ibuprofin cream on heel post orbasone? Or if I can start on an anti-inflammatory? What about taping?

Just want to make sure it is ok...so any dr out there...please advise...thanks

Re: 1 week post orbasone

Dr. Biehler on 1/24/01 at 14:55 (037231)

Keep in mind that the ESWT treatment jumpstarts the healing processs. The foot still needs time for the healing to take place. Any help you can give your foot durring this period, I am sure your foot will thank you for. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/24/01 at 15:03 (037234)

1. Hot soaks
2. no bare feet
3. shoes that have a rigid shank
4. REST REST REST.

What is the definition of rest.
- no long walks, malls, super markets outings for hours. I only go to the
market for ten- fifteen minues.
- no up and down alot of stairs
- no jumping type of work-out such as step aerobics
- You can use an elastic support and taping . Anything that doesn't
irritate the foot and at the same time does support the foot.

Pray to the ESWT orbasone man. upstairs. Have a positive outlook and eat and drink , and sleep well. You are going to get better.

Swimming is a great form of excercise. Go to the pool but make sure you wear stiff shoes around the pool and in the shower.

Dr. Biehler on 1/24/01 at 14:55 (037231)

Keep in mind that the ESWT treatment jumpstarts the healing processs. The foot still needs time for the healing to take place. Any help you can give your foot durring this period, I am sure your foot will thank you for. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/24/01 at 15:03 (037234)

1. Hot soaks
2. no bare feet
3. shoes that have a rigid shank
4. REST REST REST.

What is the definition of rest.
- no long walks, malls, super markets outings for hours. I only go to the
market for ten- fifteen minues.
- no up and down alot of stairs
- no jumping type of work-out such as step aerobics
- You can use an elastic support and taping . Anything that doesn't
irritate the foot and at the same time does support the foot.

Pray to the ESWT orbasone man. upstairs. Have a positive outlook and eat and drink , and sleep well. You are going to get better.

Swimming is a great form of excercise. Go to the pool but make sure you wear stiff shoes around the pool and in the shower.