Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain and calf pain

Posted by Marcia B on 1/24/01 at 20:23 (037269)

For 3 weeks now I have been experiencing pain in my calf and in the heel of my foot. Could this be heel spurs, and what would be causing pain in my calf? I also have been diagnosed last year with torn knee cartilage in this same leg. I have not had surgery. I have not done anything differently that I am aware of. Occasionally there is some tingling in the foot.

Re: heel pain and calf pain

Dr. Biehler on 1/25/01 at 10:54 (037325)

Tingling is usually caused by some kind of nerve compression. If you are having pain in the heel and calf of one leg, you should have this checked by a doctor. It could be as simple as a sprain or something as dangerous as a blood clot. Either way, they both would need to be treated before they get worse. Dr. B.

Re: heel pain and calf pain

Dr. Biehler on 1/25/01 at 10:54 (037325)

Tingling is usually caused by some kind of nerve compression. If you are having pain in the heel and calf of one leg, you should have this checked by a doctor. It could be as simple as a sprain or something as dangerous as a blood clot. Either way, they both would need to be treated before they get worse. Dr. B.