Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

orthotics

Posted by Beth D. on 1/25/01 at 06:25 (037307)

Hi all,

Brief history: pain started in 3/99-numb, tingling, pain in my feet. Diagnosis has been varied (pf-is the most common). Have tried all non-surgical methods of treatment-cast, orthotics, rest, stretching, iceing, mega amounts of anti-inflammatories.

Currently I'm in UCB orthotic and wearing a nightsplint. I can only wear the UCB about 3-4 hours a day before getting foot pain. I then wear birks and have found them to be the least irritating shoe. The pain is still about an 8 because I don't walk or stand or do nearly what I'd like to.

Any suggestions where to go from here?

Thanks,
Beth

Re: orthotics

Richard, C.Ped on 1/25/01 at 08:32 (037316)

Hi Beth,
I have a couple of questions:

Are the bottom of your feet very sensitive?
What type of orthosis have you used? Rigid, semi, or soft?
Why are you using a UCBL?
Richard

Beth D. on 1/26/01 at 18:05 (037458)

Hi Richard,

I'm in the care of a doctor who diagnosed pf and recommended the UCBL. I have used rigid orthotics. My ankles are fairly sensitive. My right foot (the one with the UCBL) gets very warm and inflamed in the UCBL after a few hours. My feet feel sore-is that sensitivity? I did see a neurologist who determined the nerves and muscles are all ok in my right foot. Hope this helps. Thanks for the interest!

Beth

Richard, C.Ped on 1/25/01 at 08:32 (037316)

Hi Beth,
I have a couple of questions:

Are the bottom of your feet very sensitive?
What type of orthosis have you used? Rigid, semi, or soft?
Why are you using a UCBL?
Richard

Beth D. on 1/26/01 at 18:05 (037458)

Hi Richard,

I'm in the care of a doctor who diagnosed pf and recommended the UCBL. I have used rigid orthotics. My ankles are fairly sensitive. My right foot (the one with the UCBL) gets very warm and inflamed in the UCBL after a few hours. My feet feel sore-is that sensitivity? I did see a neurologist who determined the nerves and muscles are all ok in my right foot. Hope this helps. Thanks for the interest!

Beth