Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tingling Toes and Bruised foot

Posted by ShelleyG on 1/25/01 at 15:28 (037342)

Dr. Zuckerman,

I've had a soreness on the ball of my right foot since May 2000. It feels like a bruise. I've had it x-rayed and nothing showed up.

Also, sometimes I experience tingling in my toes.

Re: Tingling Toes and Bruised foot

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/25/01 at 17:01 (037350)

The physical examination is very important to determine if you have a plantar neuroma, bursitis, tendonitis, and or capsulitis. These are all part of or near the area that you are describing. At this time an mri could be necessary. What type of treatments have you have and what were the outcomes?

ShelleyG on 1/26/01 at 08:35 (037409)

I have had no treatments. Just the x-ray for my foot. What is a plantar neuroma and what is capsulitis?

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/25/01 at 17:01 (037350)

The physical examination is very important to determine if you have a plantar neuroma, bursitis, tendonitis, and or capsulitis. These are all part of or near the area that you are describing. At this time an mri could be necessary. What type of treatments have you have and what were the outcomes?

ShelleyG on 1/26/01 at 08:35 (037409)

I have had no treatments. Just the x-ray for my foot. What is a plantar neuroma and what is capsulitis?