Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Dr. Z

Posted by Pauline on 1/26/01 at 09:32 (037413)

From my experience with P.F. ( three times now ) I find the pain only localized at the insertion spot for a very short time, perhaps less than a week, then it begins to spread out.

This would seem to mean unless you can get into see a Dr. immediately and get ESWT you no longer are a candidate after that first week, yet the
FDA indicated with the OssaTron you need to have had P.F. for 6 months
before ESWT can be used.

If it has to be localized to get treatment and it spreads so quickly what is the answer?

Re: To Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/26/01 at 10:10 (037418)

I would consider ESWT at the insertion of the pf. You do have chronic pf since the entire pain cycles are great then six months, therefore it is chronic pain that you have. I thnk that you could agree with that.

Pauline on 1/26/01 at 10:28 (037421)

I don't understand. Are you saying I may not have P.F. but simply chronic pain or because my P.F. returns after 6 months I would still be a candidate for ESWT even though it spreads out so quickly?
Confused. If I am a candidate for ESWT would you consider treating me?

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/26/01 at 11:56 (037431)

Hi,

It you have had the pain at the insertion of the pf off and on for six month then you could be a ESWT candidate. The fact that it does spread out makes the sucess difficult to determine. I would try to get a consultaton in your area if they think that ESWT will help, I would be very happy to have you as a patient. Is it possible to get a local consultation/evaluation.?

Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/26/01 at 10:10 (037418)

I would consider ESWT at the insertion of the pf. You do have chronic pf since the entire pain cycles are great then six months, therefore it is chronic pain that you have. I thnk that you could agree with that.

Pauline on 1/26/01 at 10:28 (037421)

I don't understand. Are you saying I may not have P.F. but simply chronic pain or because my P.F. returns after 6 months I would still be a candidate for ESWT even though it spreads out so quickly?
Confused. If I am a candidate for ESWT would you consider treating me?

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/26/01 at 11:56 (037431)

Hi,

It you have had the pain at the insertion of the pf off and on for six month then you could be a ESWT candidate. The fact that it does spread out makes the sucess difficult to determine. I would try to get a consultaton in your area if they think that ESWT will help, I would be very happy to have you as a patient. Is it possible to get a local consultation/evaluation.?

Dr. Z