Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Scott

Posted by Pauline on 1/27/01 at 22:59 (037557)

Scott do you have any statistics on the number of people having additional pain and/or complications in other areas of the foot following surgery
at 6 months or beyond?

Re: To Scott

Scott R on 1/28/01 at 07:04 (037565)

Pauline, no I have not asked any survey questions regarding post-surgery complications.

Pauline on 1/28/01 at 11:26 (037573)

When you have time or the desire this might be an area to examine and include. For those patients being told they need surgery, or that surgery is their only solution it may prove valuable knowing the results of others who have used surgery as a form of treatment. I don't think 3 months post surgery is time enough to judge the success of choosing surgery as an option, but a 6 month/or longer follow up statistic could be most valueable.

Additionally what about requesting a current 2001 update from our ESWT treated patients. The original group and others who have also had it done.
I for one would like see a current posting from all of them as individual patients. Where are they post treatment and what has been their outcome.
Thanks

Scott R on 1/28/01 at 07:04 (037565)

Pauline, no I have not asked any survey questions regarding post-surgery complications.

Pauline on 1/28/01 at 11:26 (037573)

When you have time or the desire this might be an area to examine and include. For those patients being told they need surgery, or that surgery is their only solution it may prove valuable knowing the results of others who have used surgery as a form of treatment. I don't think 3 months post surgery is time enough to judge the success of choosing surgery as an option, but a 6 month/or longer follow up statistic could be most valueable.

Additionally what about requesting a current 2001 update from our ESWT treated patients. The original group and others who have also had it done.
I for one would like see a current posting from all of them as individual patients. Where are they post treatment and what has been their outcome.
Thanks