Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

sas shoe stores or online?

Posted by penny b. on 1/28/01 at 12:47 (037579)

I am new to the Los Angeles area and cannot find SAS shoes. Does anyone know if they can be found online? thanks!

Re: SAS shoes

Kim B. on 1/28/01 at 17:25 (037601)

Hi Penny,

I searched a few months ago for an SAS web site and could not find one. SAS is short for San Antonio Shoemakers, btw.... maybe this will help you have more luck than I did.

Maybe you can write to them to inqure about your closest locations and/or catalogs. Their address is:

SAS Shoemakers
101 New Laredo Hightway,
San Antonio,TX 78211

I've had some good luck with them over the past couple of years. They aren't a for sure cure, but they do a great job of absorbing foot shock when you walk. I'm wearing their white, Freetime walking shoe right now. I also have a pair of black, 'TriPad' three buckle sandals for summertime.

Have you checked your local phone book? I didn't realize that there was very close to my home, until I did check the phone book. Also, you might be able to contact the home office to see if they have a catalog to send out and/or Maybe they can tell you where the closest location to you is.

One of the best things about SAS shoe stores is that they stock a wide variety of sizes and lots of colors too. The clerks wil properly measure you foot for the best possible fit. Ganted, some of them look like 'Granny shoes', but they add new styles all the time. Nurses wear them a lot. They are good for hard floors and being on your feet a lot, as some jobs require.

Regards, Kim B.

Barbara TX on 1/29/01 at 12:15 (037654)

For all Dallas Metro People: There is an SAS outlet on highway 183 in Euless Texas (between Dallas and Ft. Worth). You can see if from the Highway. There is a large Albersons occupying the same strip-mall. Not open on Sundays. B.

Kim B. on 1/29/01 at 13:01 (037662)

B,

That's my SAS store, but I don't believe it's an 'outlet' store in the way we think of outlet stores as over-runs and slightly damaged or factory 2nds. It's just a regular SAS Factory Shoe Store. I'm looking at one of their business cards right now.

SAS Factory Shoe Store
1424A Airport Freeway, Bedford, TX 76022
Phone: 817-545-9947

Cimarron Plaza (Albertson's, Good Eats Cafe, etc.) at the corner of Airport Freeway (183) and Bedford Rd.

Hours:
10am to 6pm Monday - Saturday

Here is the SAS home office phone number in San Antonio, TX: 210-924-6561

Kim B.

Re: sas shoe stores or online?

Terri on 2/09/01 at 15:35 (038562)

Where can we find a listing for who sells SAS shoes in Michigan?

diane powell on 3/08/01 at 08:56 (040798)

thanks for the info. i also was looking for online info re SAS freetime. i need walking support with problem feet. freetime felt great!. Diane

jackie on 3/08/01 at 11:43 (040807)

I found mine at Nordstroms.

Dave on 3/12/01 at 20:29 (041223)

Many sites selling SAS seem to have been shut down probably at the insistence of SAS.
try getting the phone# in San Antonio [hence the name] of the corp. headquarters. They will probably ship to you or advise
of sales locations in your area.
I once ralked to them about a problem and they replaced my shoes for a nominal charge.

Re: sas shoe stores or online?--UPDATE

Pagan P on 3/14/01 at 13:10 (041455)

I just bought a pair of SAS (3/12/01). Inside the SAS brochure it says for nearest authorized SAS dealer or any questions, please call or write:

SAS Shoemakers
1717 SAS Drive
San Antonio, TX 78224
(210) 921-7415

They don't list a web address.

Jack D. Ashcraft on 3/24/01 at hrmin (042348)

I have some of your shoes that i purchased at Edmonds in Richmond, Ind. I would like to get your catalog and phone number asap.
i'm comming to san antonio on 5 apr 01, and would like to visit your factory and possibly talk to somebody about some shoes or even some made slightly special.
i have deformed and very flat (rigid) feet and have an extremely difficult time getting shoes that don't hurt my feet.
thank you for anything you can do.

sincerely,

Jack D. Ashcraft
3339 POBST DR.
Kettering, oh., 45420
937 298 1246

Lee S. on 3/26/01 at 15:05 (042544)

No, they can't. You can call them in San Antonio Texas where they are headquartered and see if they will ship to you. I agree, it's sad that they haven't gone on the web.

Kim B. on 1/28/01 at 17:25 (037601)

Hi Penny,

I searched a few months ago for an SAS web site and could not find one. SAS is short for San Antonio Shoemakers, btw.... maybe this will help you have more luck than I did.

Maybe you can write to them to inqure about your closest locations and/or catalogs. Their address is:

SAS Shoemakers
101 New Laredo Hightway,
San Antonio,TX 78211

I've had some good luck with them over the past couple of years. They aren't a for sure cure, but they do a great job of absorbing foot shock when you walk. I'm wearing their white, Freetime walking shoe right now. I also have a pair of black, 'TriPad' three buckle sandals for summertime.

Have you checked your local phone book? I didn't realize that there was very close to my home, until I did check the phone book. Also, you might be able to contact the home office to see if they have a catalog to send out and/or Maybe they can tell you where the closest location to you is.

One of the best things about SAS shoe stores is that they stock a wide variety of sizes and lots of colors too. The clerks wil properly measure you foot for the best possible fit. Ganted, some of them look like 'Granny shoes', but they add new styles all the time. Nurses wear them a lot. They are good for hard floors and being on your feet a lot, as some jobs require.

Regards, Kim B.

Barbara TX on 1/29/01 at 12:15 (037654)

For all Dallas Metro People: There is an SAS outlet on highway 183 in Euless Texas (between Dallas and Ft. Worth). You can see if from the Highway. There is a large Albersons occupying the same strip-mall. Not open on Sundays. B.

Kim B. on 1/29/01 at 13:01 (037662)

B,

That's my SAS store, but I don't believe it's an 'outlet' store in the way we think of outlet stores as over-runs and slightly damaged or factory 2nds. It's just a regular SAS Factory Shoe Store. I'm looking at one of their business cards right now.

SAS Factory Shoe Store
1424A Airport Freeway, Bedford, TX 76022
Phone: 817-545-9947

Cimarron Plaza (Albertson's, Good Eats Cafe, etc.) at the corner of Airport Freeway (183) and Bedford Rd.

Hours:
10am to 6pm Monday - Saturday

Here is the SAS home office phone number in San Antonio, TX: 210-924-6561

Kim B.

Terri on 2/09/01 at 15:35 (038562)

Where can we find a listing for who sells SAS shoes in Michigan?

diane powell on 3/08/01 at 08:56 (040798)

thanks for the info. i also was looking for online info re SAS freetime. i need walking support with problem feet. freetime felt great!. Diane

jackie on 3/08/01 at 11:43 (040807)

I found mine at Nordstroms.

Dave on 3/12/01 at 20:29 (041223)

Many sites selling SAS seem to have been shut down probably at the insistence of SAS.
try getting the phone# in San Antonio [hence the name] of the corp. headquarters. They will probably ship to you or advise
of sales locations in your area.
I once ralked to them about a problem and they replaced my shoes for a nominal charge.

Re: sas shoe stores or online?--UPDATE

Pagan P on 3/14/01 at 13:10 (041455)

I just bought a pair of SAS (3/12/01). Inside the SAS brochure it says for nearest authorized SAS dealer or any questions, please call or write:

SAS Shoemakers
1717 SAS Drive
San Antonio, TX 78224
(210) 921-7415

They don't list a web address.

Jack D. Ashcraft on 3/24/01 at hrmin (042348)

I have some of your shoes that i purchased at Edmonds in Richmond, Ind. I would like to get your catalog and phone number asap.
i'm comming to san antonio on 5 apr 01, and would like to visit your factory and possibly talk to somebody about some shoes or even some made slightly special.
i have deformed and very flat (rigid) feet and have an extremely difficult time getting shoes that don't hurt my feet.
thank you for anything you can do.

sincerely,

Jack D. Ashcraft
3339 POBST DR.
Kettering, oh., 45420
937 298 1246

Lee S. on 3/26/01 at 15:05 (042544)

No, they can't. You can call them in San Antonio Texas where they are headquartered and see if they will ship to you. I agree, it's sad that they haven't gone on the web.