Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Powerstep inserts as relates to metatarsal

Posted by Marianne W. on 1/28/01 at 19:38 (037609)

Have previously had a metatarsal problem which has subsided to the point where the only time it really annoys me is when I play tenenis - usually avoided by inserting a thick pad just below the metarsal and also using an inexpensive metarsal and arch support insert. I also put these in things like boots and some shoes. Recently I developed a heel pain problem which I believe is a plantar faciitis. Am fascinated and mpressed with and very gratful for your website. Think I would like to try the poserstep inserts but am concerned that there seems to be no metatarsal pad and don't want to start up with any old problems. Any suggestion?

Thanks for your attention. Cannot believe that Ii can actually communicate this way. Wow!

Re: Powerstep inserts as relates to metatarsal

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/28/01 at 20:19 (037613)

You can add the met padding to the powerstep. You can place the pad on the foot first . Use something like a magic marker and mark the pad. Place the foot into the powerstep and it should leave a mark on the powerstep. Do this on the floor and not in the shoe.

If you aren't sure then call the company see if they have a powerstep with a metatarsal padding.

Cynthia D on 1/29/01 at 08:45 (037638)

Marianne - Hey, finally another tennis player! I know there are many, many, tennis players with this condition due to what my doctors, physical therapists and masseuses tell me. I'm not familiar with metatarsal (is is like tarsal tunnel), but if you do have pf, let me know how you feel during, and after tennis. I want to try to pinpoint if tennis is to blame for my condition or pregnancy, etc. I used to play 5 times a week and am on a travelling tennis team, though now I have backed off to only once or twice a week and don't see much difference pain-wise! Let me know what you find out, thanks.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/29/01 at 12:05 (037651)

Also take a look at your tennis shoes. Tight shoes will cause met head bursitis and or nerve pain.

Richard, C.Ped on 1/29/01 at 15:33 (037679)

I mark the met heads with lipstick then have the patient stand on their inserts. That tells me exactly where to put the met pad.

No smart remarks about the lipstick.....:-)
Richard

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/28/01 at 20:19 (037613)

You can add the met padding to the powerstep. You can place the pad on the foot first . Use something like a magic marker and mark the pad. Place the foot into the powerstep and it should leave a mark on the powerstep. Do this on the floor and not in the shoe.

If you aren't sure then call the company see if they have a powerstep with a metatarsal padding.

Cynthia D on 1/29/01 at 08:45 (037638)

Marianne - Hey, finally another tennis player! I know there are many, many, tennis players with this condition due to what my doctors, physical therapists and masseuses tell me. I'm not familiar with metatarsal (is is like tarsal tunnel), but if you do have pf, let me know how you feel during, and after tennis. I want to try to pinpoint if tennis is to blame for my condition or pregnancy, etc. I used to play 5 times a week and am on a travelling tennis team, though now I have backed off to only once or twice a week and don't see much difference pain-wise! Let me know what you find out, thanks.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/29/01 at 12:05 (037651)

Also take a look at your tennis shoes. Tight shoes will cause met head bursitis and or nerve pain.

Richard, C.Ped on 1/29/01 at 15:33 (037679)

I mark the met heads with lipstick then have the patient stand on their inserts. That tells me exactly where to put the met pad.

No smart remarks about the lipstick.....:-)
Richard