Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need antibiotic: question as it relates to tendon safety

Posted by Beverly on 1/28/01 at 19:57 (037612)

Hi docs,

Some of you know I am very suspicious of Floxin because I took it for a kidney inflection some months before my PF and PTT began.

I'm in a new city, about to look for a new doctor. I think I may have another kidney infection... will check it out tomorrow... try to get appt. Could you suggest an antibiotic that is strong enough to knock out a kidney infection (not bladdar) that has no bad history in regards to tendons and muscles? I'm allergic to Pennicillian. Are all of the quionlines (spelling?) potentially risky for tendons or is it just Floxin?

Thanks,
Beverly

Re: Need antibiotic: question as it relates to tendon safety

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/29/01 at 12:03 (037650)

I saw this yesterday and will need to investigate this. The best way to find out if this is the case with all quinolines is too call the pharmacy and or the companies that manufactor the product.

Re: Need antibiotic: question as it relates to tendon safety

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/29/01 at 12:03 (037650)

I saw this yesterday and will need to investigate this. The best way to find out if this is the case with all quinolines is too call the pharmacy and or the companies that manufactor the product.