Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Still waiting for my Pod to read my Tenogram report ......

Posted by Laurie R on 1/29/01 at 17:22 (037687)

Hi Everyone,
Today I called my Pod office and spoke to his nurse. She said yes the report is on the doctor's desk ,but he is off on Mondays. Just my luck . She did tell me that she tried to read it and could not understand it very well.She did tell me that she read that their was something wrong with my tendon. I told her that the all the radiologist said was I had scar tissue around it and in it and it was abnormal. My Pod will read it tomarrow and then call me. So another day of waiting . I am a little bit nervous ,but what can i do but wait. I will let you all know as soon as I find out. I will say, ever since the shot worn off Sat morning at 5:30 am I have been in terrible pain. My best to all. Laurie R

Re: Still waiting for my Pod to read my Tenogram report ......

Kay S on 1/29/01 at 17:31 (037689)

Laurie--I am glad I found your post about the doctor's call because I have been getting behind in reading all this info and may have missed it! I guess you just have to think, 'what's another day of waiting after all this time?' Hopefully, your doc will have a plan for you when you talk to him, and then you can start deciding when, how, etc. because it sure sounds like it will involve some type of surgery.
I am having a really bad pain day also, but I think I overdid it yesterday waiting in line at a wake. I am just hoping it will get better tomorrow because I am scheduled to work the rest of this week, and the thought of that in this kind of pain..............well, you know what I am talking about! Doesn't this all get so OLD??????? And then when something new, like another sore spot, comes up, it puts the fear into you and you wonder 'is this how I am going to be forever?'
So Laurie, hang in there and please tell us when you have the final word from the doctor. I wish that your pain would ease up a bit, but even if it doesn't get better right now, it will get better soon. Of that I am sure!
Kay

Steve P on 1/29/01 at 19:44 (037694)

Laurie -- Thanks for the update. I imagine that the trauma of the test itself is much of what you're feeling now, but that should subside.

I think you mentioned in an earlier post that a doctor at Stanford will be looking at the Tenogram report & conferring with your Pod. Have you asked the imaging center to also fax copies to Dr. Z & to Drs. Kosova & Reid? If you don't mind my suggesting so, I think you should get a copy of that report into ALL of these doctors' hands.

best.........Steve

JudyS on 1/29/01 at 20:21 (037696)

Laurie - do you know which tendon exactly is the one affected?

Laurie R on 1/29/01 at 20:55 (037699)

Hi Judy,
I hope you got my thank you e-mail.......Yes I do , it is the 'Flexor Hallucis longus tendon' This is the one for the big toe and I think it goes through the arch into the tt area. I am sure Dr.Z can tells us.You had said that you have a lot of pain in your arch too right???That is where most of my pain is . And it goes into my ankle right in the TT area.That's why in the begining of this they thoguht I had TTS. Now I guess we have different tendons in that area (I know you guys are saying thank God Laurie is not a doctor) Ha Ha Ha anyway ,the radiologist told me that they can do the tenogram on the other tendons too . He said the most important thing about my tenogram was ,when he numbed the flexor tendon if the pain wen away while being numb then it was that tendon. If not then maybe they would have to test the other tendons. At first the pain was still pretty bad from the test , but while I was waiting for the hard films the pain was going away . It did return the next morning at 5:30 it woke me up and it has been terible ever since. I am so looking forward to talking with my Pod .

Steve thank you so much for the advise , If the doctors don't mind I would love to have them read the reports. I think the more the better . I would like to get their idea on it also .

When I see my Pod I will ask him for a copy ,he has no problem with it .He is the one that gave me all my other tests reports copies .....I wish I could real the films .I have them here for my Pod .Of course I looked at them and I do remenber some of what the radiologist told me. You can see the tendon really good and you can also see the scar tissue ,but other then that i have no clue as to what I am looking at.

Laurie R

Dr. Kosova on 1/29/01 at 22:11 (037701)

Steve

Laurie and I have been talking through email and she is sending the results to me. I have alot of experience with this type of surgery. I just performed one a couple of days ago .I think that this conditon is highly missed diagnosed. Dr. Reid and I perform these together and no two are alike. There many different ways to fix this problem and most times the decision is made on the operating table because even the best of tests do not show all the adhesions, tears, etc. These can be easy to complex. This is where the experience of the surgeon comes into the equation.

Dr. Kosova

Re: Thanks Dr. K. eom

Steve P on 1/30/01 at 09:19 (037722)

Kay S on 1/29/01 at 17:31 (037689)

Laurie--I am glad I found your post about the doctor's call because I have been getting behind in reading all this info and may have missed it! I guess you just have to think, 'what's another day of waiting after all this time?' Hopefully, your doc will have a plan for you when you talk to him, and then you can start deciding when, how, etc. because it sure sounds like it will involve some type of surgery.
I am having a really bad pain day also, but I think I overdid it yesterday waiting in line at a wake. I am just hoping it will get better tomorrow because I am scheduled to work the rest of this week, and the thought of that in this kind of pain..............well, you know what I am talking about! Doesn't this all get so OLD??????? And then when something new, like another sore spot, comes up, it puts the fear into you and you wonder 'is this how I am going to be forever?'
So Laurie, hang in there and please tell us when you have the final word from the doctor. I wish that your pain would ease up a bit, but even if it doesn't get better right now, it will get better soon. Of that I am sure!
Kay

Steve P on 1/29/01 at 19:44 (037694)

Laurie -- Thanks for the update. I imagine that the trauma of the test itself is much of what you're feeling now, but that should subside.

I think you mentioned in an earlier post that a doctor at Stanford will be looking at the Tenogram report & conferring with your Pod. Have you asked the imaging center to also fax copies to Dr. Z & to Drs. Kosova & Reid? If you don't mind my suggesting so, I think you should get a copy of that report into ALL of these doctors' hands.

best.........Steve

JudyS on 1/29/01 at 20:21 (037696)

Laurie - do you know which tendon exactly is the one affected?

Laurie R on 1/29/01 at 20:55 (037699)

Hi Judy,
I hope you got my thank you e-mail.......Yes I do , it is the 'Flexor Hallucis longus tendon' This is the one for the big toe and I think it goes through the arch into the tt area. I am sure Dr.Z can tells us.You had said that you have a lot of pain in your arch too right???That is where most of my pain is . And it goes into my ankle right in the TT area.That's why in the begining of this they thoguht I had TTS. Now I guess we have different tendons in that area (I know you guys are saying thank God Laurie is not a doctor) Ha Ha Ha anyway ,the radiologist told me that they can do the tenogram on the other tendons too . He said the most important thing about my tenogram was ,when he numbed the flexor tendon if the pain wen away while being numb then it was that tendon. If not then maybe they would have to test the other tendons. At first the pain was still pretty bad from the test , but while I was waiting for the hard films the pain was going away . It did return the next morning at 5:30 it woke me up and it has been terible ever since. I am so looking forward to talking with my Pod .

Steve thank you so much for the advise , If the doctors don't mind I would love to have them read the reports. I think the more the better . I would like to get their idea on it also .

When I see my Pod I will ask him for a copy ,he has no problem with it .He is the one that gave me all my other tests reports copies .....I wish I could real the films .I have them here for my Pod .Of course I looked at them and I do remenber some of what the radiologist told me. You can see the tendon really good and you can also see the scar tissue ,but other then that i have no clue as to what I am looking at.

Laurie R

Dr. Kosova on 1/29/01 at 22:11 (037701)

Steve

Laurie and I have been talking through email and she is sending the results to me. I have alot of experience with this type of surgery. I just performed one a couple of days ago .I think that this conditon is highly missed diagnosed. Dr. Reid and I perform these together and no two are alike. There many different ways to fix this problem and most times the decision is made on the operating table because even the best of tests do not show all the adhesions, tears, etc. These can be easy to complex. This is where the experience of the surgeon comes into the equation.

Dr. Kosova

Re: Thanks Dr. K. eom

Steve P on 1/30/01 at 09:19 (037722)