Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

CRAZY DAY

Posted by Barbara TX on 1/29/01 at 22:37 (037707)

Okay folks, so I'm doing my regular routine in the morning... I use crutches to get the the bathroom and get into a steamy tub. My morning pain blows me away, but in the tub I do a little massage on the withered, stupid left foot, and a little massage putting on some lotion when the bath is done. Same every day. For a year. A year. I get out of the tub and take a few normal steps to the bed and the SEARING, horrible pain and pressure start at the very top of my foot, like a hot poker. I honestly thought I had broken a bone in the top of my foot. I managed to crawl into my kids room so they wouldn't see me crying, and I just cried and cried and in general freaked out, making endless bargains with the Almightly to free me from the demons in my foot. It was bizzare.

At the beginning of this whole mess, I had and electric feeling there that went away from in a couple of months. I had a cortisone shot there - but that really did nothing. Time healed that wound. But now, a year later, that feeling came back. I managed to shake it off a little, and now I am left with really bad metatarsal head pain (at least that's what I think it is) and real pain when I move my toes. My heel pain pales in comparison. What in the heck is going on? I've done nothing new. Not a thing. I am being treated for a neuroma between the first and third piggies, but now I feel a lump when I step between the second and third. Another neuroma? How do you tell a bruised met head from a neuroma? Is it possible that I have some bizzare mechanical problem with my foot? My doctors have all looked at my feet and pronounced them normal.

It is pain that worsens as I step, and makes me very nauseated and scared. Has this happened to anyone?

Oh, help. B.

Re: CRAZY DAY

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/29/01 at 23:04 (037708)

It is either neuroma and or bursitis anterior met heads. You need to use a met head padding. If this doesn't help then a mri to rule out any possible but rare stress fracture. Very important to stop the toes from bending. When they bend they put pressure on the met heads.
So first place a met head padding behind the met heads.

Laurie R on 1/29/01 at 23:04 (037709)

Hi Barbara,
I am so sorry to hear of your terrible pain. That's what so hard about foot pain ,it comes on so fast without doing anything different. Do you think this could be nerve pain? I have gotten the electrial shooting pains and I still do at times. They scare me also. I think what happens is the nerve gets aggravated . I hope you have a better day tomarrow . My very best to you Barbara. Laurie R

Pauline on 1/30/01 at 08:58 (037721)

Barbara,
Did you go back for your second ESWT already. Is this the result of that treatment??? Sorry about that additional pain.

Cynthia D on 1/30/01 at 09:30 (037724)

Dearest Barbara: As I told you in our email conversation, please oh please get help. I did talk to Dr. Zuckerman today about my upcoming ESWT, and he said he would call you. Aren't you seeing a pod there, too, who does the alchohol injections? Dr. Z said these time to work. Can anyone take your kiddos off your hands today and tomorrow at least during the day so you can rest? If you lived in Boston, I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you. Feel better, don't worry about the diet right now, your condition is too critical to heap anything else on your 'to do' list.

Cynthia D on 1/30/01 at 09:31 (037725)

Dearest Barbara: As I told you in our email conversation, please oh please get help. I did talk to Dr. Zuckerman today about my upcoming ESWT, and he said he would call you. Aren't you seeing a pod there, too, who does the alchohol injections? Dr. Z said these take time to work. Can anyone take your kiddos off your hands today and tomorrow at least during the day so you can rest? If you lived in Boston, I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you. Feel better, don't worry about the diet right now, your condition is too critical to heap anything else on your 'to do' list.

Julie on 1/30/01 at 09:56 (037731)

Dear Barbara

My heart goes out to you. How awful - I think Cynthia is right. Do see if you can get yourself off the treadmill for a couple of days and just REST and pamper yourself. If someone can look after the children for a bit - I don't know if that's at all possible, but please think about a way of making it happen - it would be the best thing. Even a day or two would give you a break and a chance to get yourself together, so don't let this go any further.

Perhaps it is, as Pauline suggests, the temporary effect of your second ESWT. I hope so. Whatever it is, I hope it abates soon.

All my best

Julie

davidb on 1/30/01 at 10:06 (037732)

Follow Dr. Z's advice. I had searing pain in my toes. My pedorthist put a met pad in my orthotics and the pain subsided. When I got a new pair of orthotics through my doctor's office, they put the met pad in the wrong place and the pain returned. So I went back to my pedorthist and he moved the met pad and the pain went away again.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/30/01 at 11:31 (037744)

Hi

Did try to call. Have to use this board due to lack of list of my e-mails at my ofice. The laptop is at home.

So met head padding. Ice if severe foot pain.

E-mail at footcare@home.com ,

Barbara TX on 1/30/01 at 18:17 (037781)

Pauline - no, its not the result of the treatment. It is in a different part of the foot. B.

Barbara TX on 1/30/01 at 18:29 (037784)

Thanks, Cynthia... I am so sick and tired of being scared of this... however, it is working great when it comes to my diet. It keeps me very motivated and a little nauseated to have this new pain! I am seeing the DPM in town here on Thursday for more of his nice injections and I'll ask him AGAIN if there is anything weird about my gait, foot, arch. No one seems to be able to figure this thing out. Right now I'm barefoot on carpet and mostly just sitting. I will ask my DPM about whether this is met head bursitis or neuroma - has to be one or the other, and I really want to make this clear that ESWT has nothing to do with this (its in another area of my foot entirely). So, don't freak out about your ESWT. If anything it shows that I waited too long for ESWT and damaged the front of my foot by tiptoeing around for six months. I wish I knew about it last fall when I first started having problems. B.

Barbara TX on 1/30/01 at 18:33 (037785)

Thanks, davidb, I'll do just that. I am trying, but I think I may not have the right kind of pad or I'm putting it in the wrong place. My met pads are year-drop shaped and very thick. They hurt, hurt, hurt. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/30/01 at 20:42 (037796)

I tried to call you today. No answer. Is this possible no answering machine.

I will send you the met padding.

Kim B. on 1/30/01 at 20:49 (037797)

Hi Barb,

Sorry to hear you are going through what we call in FM as a 'major flair up'. I just got through one myself. Poor hubby and I spent six hours on Sunday in the ER trying to get an injection to settle the FM mess down for me. Two days later and I'm feeling quite a bit better. (Hoping not to ruin the PS trip!)

Back to your situation though. I am wondering what the hell is going on with you! Wish you the best, to get past this hurdle! Also, I must admit, I'm confused, as usual... You say you're back to using the crutches, and then you say you're going to ask the doctor to look at whether your gate may be off. Well, blind-folded I can tell you that your gate is messed up when you're on crutches! Crutches can get your whole body out of whack. I guess I'm going to have to put my eyeballs on you someday and figure you out for myself. I bet that scared the pain right out of ya.

Hang in there. Get the tallest kid you have to pull down a table cloth, some PB&J, bread, chips, etc... Tell everyone you're eating living-room-floor-picnic-style till your feet are cooperating. I know you'll come up with lots of creative ways to muddle through this one. Get better soon!

Regards, Kim B.

Beverly on 1/31/01 at 13:15 (037857)

Barbara,

I had no idea you were still on crutches. The couple of weeks I spent on crutches last summer were the worst part of my PF period. Like Kim said, crutches get your body out-of-whack. In my case, did a real number on my neck.

I had hoped that EWST would solve or at least calm down your problem.
I know how disheartening it is when a new 'bad' spot pops up.
Hope your pod gives you some answers.
This is a good day for calling Dominoes or some other takeout. I know pizza is bad for the diet, but oh how comforting.
Beverly

Barbara TX on 1/31/01 at 15:14 (037874)

Turns out that much of this pain Dr. Z attributes to neuroma syndrome... he describes my pain as typical and classic. YES! What worries me most is that something is wrong that someone can't fix - so, I'm continuing with the alcohol injections until the evil things are KILLED, and if they don't eventually die, I'm having them removed. I know I sound like I'm out of my mind, but it is comforting to know that I have something that I can have cut out and it doesn't effect the support of my foot. If anyone has experience with Morton's neuroma (neuroma bewteen the matatarsals in the ball of the foot), please post on your treatment successes! Thanks!!! B.

JudyS on 1/31/01 at 17:31 (037893)

TexBarb - my sis has a Morton's neuroma - I know that it was as debilitating as my PF last year but I haven't heard much about it since. I'll ask her what she's done for it. Oh, I do know that she started wearing Birks and that made a good difference. I'll find out more because she's even out hiking these days!
How is your day today?

Kay S on 1/31/01 at 20:16 (037915)

Poor BarbTX! I felt terrible when I read about your awful day (I think it was yesterday but I never got online and now am having a heck of a time catching up) I do have a suggestion for you, especially if you are finding that you have to stay completely off weight bearing and are using the crutches a lot. I personally think if that is the case, you need to get one of those stroller gizmos called a rollabout that I used after my tts surgery this fall. It was so great and I could still do all my work around the house such as laundry, cooking, etc. With crutches you lose your balance, but with this you feel stable, comfortable, and you have two free hands! Write if you want more info.
I can also speak to the neuroma surgery, because I had that a few years back. I had two huge neuromas in one foot and a medium one in the other foot. I had both done at once, had local anesthesia, (no mac, no meds, no anything else) went home, sat around for about 3-4 days and then went back to work before a week was up. Of all my foot surgeries, I'd say this one was the easiest. Of course, I know someone else who was off work for 10 weeks, but I sure don't think that is the norm for this kind of surgery.
If this is what is causing you so much excruciating pain, the surgery would be well worth it.
I couldn't stand to read what you wrote because I felt like squirming! I hope today was better and know you have an appointment tomorrow at the pod's office, so maybe you will both decide what this is about and get busy doing what needs to be done. I wish I could help you out too, but it's a bit far from Tx to Il to babysit! I would also make you a meal if I could, because that is the absolute best help when you have a family.
Keep us posted.
Kay

Re: Morton's neruroma and I'm checking out for a few days.

Kim B. on 1/31/01 at 22:04 (037924)

Barb,

Go over to http://www.drkoop.com and do a search on Morton's Neuroma. My brother in law had one. He described it as feeling like he's walking with a marble in his foot. Ouch!! He had surgery about a year ago. I need to get an update on him. I got the impression that he was on the mend.

Leaving in the morning to go to PS!! (My Mom told me not to kiss any dogs on the way out the door, what a hoot.) Anyway, will check in when I get back. Make note of posts of particular interest that you wouldn't want me to miss here at hell spurs, I mean heel spurs.com.

Regards, Kim

wendyn on 1/31/01 at 22:24 (037926)

Kim - what is PS? Have fun - are you flying? I will think of you. Where the heck did the button go that doesn't archive the post?

Re: Me! I had treatment with alcohol injections . . .

SuzanneK on 1/31/01 at 22:40 (037928)

Hi Barb. I had an open 2/3 release and heel spur removal on June 1, 2000. Recovery went very well - I am glad I had the surgery, as ESWT was not an option for me. I am a poor school teacher LOL In October, though, I had a funny feeling on the ball of my foot, like my sock was all bunched up under my foot. I was also having some what I called 'electrical shocks' running through my arch and up into the ball of my foot. I went to see my pod (whom I LOVE btw) and he diagnosed Morton's neuroma - in fact two of them! Probably came about because of my altered gait from the pf and the fact that I wore some old shoes to a funeral - 2 hours max, but they were tight. If I'd only known then what I know now! Now, I only wear Birkenstocks! He suggested a series of 7 alcohol injections. He said that is the least invasive procedure, and that if it didn't work, that we could always do surgery. Well, the injections hurt worse than the cortsone injections - way worse! But they did the trick. I have some residual numbness on the ball of the foot close to the bae of the toes. Big deal. Last May, I was praying for numbness! Go through the injections. I felt the most relief after the 4th set. Good luck - e-mail me if you want to talk more about this.

Kim B. on 1/31/01 at 22:45 (037929)

Hi Wendyn,

PS is Palm Springs, CA!! One of my closest friends won a trip through her company, so that she can attend an awards banquet. She gets to bring a guest with her. That's me! She lives in Chicago, and she used her flyer miles to get me to CA. Lot's of trave to get there. I've done some searching and very excited. We're going to be at the Marriot Hotel and SPA, and yes I'm getting a foot massage (reflexolgy) while I'm there! Will be back on Sunday. You know I hate flying, but this was an offer I couldn't refuse! Her company is paying for so much of our stay and etc. Keep me in your prayers. I have to change planes in Denver! ick!! But I gotta go! I just gotta go!

I don't know where the box to keep this kind of stuff out of the archives went. Bring it to Scott's attention for us when you have time. okay? I've suppose to be packing, (very early flight,) and here I sit yacking with you guys.

Regards, Kim B. (Fear of Flying, FM, PF,)

Barbara TX on 2/01/01 at 12:23 (037975)

THANKS Suzanne - I am getting the third round of shots today and possibly the first in a second nuroma spot. I really hope that this works. Today the places are localizing a little and so I can tell him where to shoot. Before the pain was more diffused - now I KNOW it is between the second and third toe, very near the toes. I can't thank you enough for related your experience. I will give the shots a chance and then I want these haywire nerves out! I don't care if he does it with some gin and a shrimp-fork. I want them out! B.

Re: I prefer steak knives and a martini

SuzanneK on 2/01/01 at 22:11 (038027)

Hang in there Barb. I know it seems like just when you start getting better, along comes SOMETHING ELSE! My doc even said he could do another series of shots if needed before doing surgery. Even though I have a very good outcome from my pf release, I'm not eager to go through another procedure. Sending good thoughts your way!

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/29/01 at 23:04 (037708)

It is either neuroma and or bursitis anterior met heads. You need to use a met head padding. If this doesn't help then a mri to rule out any possible but rare stress fracture. Very important to stop the toes from bending. When they bend they put pressure on the met heads.
So first place a met head padding behind the met heads.

Laurie R on 1/29/01 at 23:04 (037709)

Hi Barbara,
I am so sorry to hear of your terrible pain. That's what so hard about foot pain ,it comes on so fast without doing anything different. Do you think this could be nerve pain? I have gotten the electrial shooting pains and I still do at times. They scare me also. I think what happens is the nerve gets aggravated . I hope you have a better day tomarrow . My very best to you Barbara. Laurie R

Pauline on 1/30/01 at 08:58 (037721)

Barbara,
Did you go back for your second ESWT already. Is this the result of that treatment??? Sorry about that additional pain.

Cynthia D on 1/30/01 at 09:30 (037724)

Dearest Barbara: As I told you in our email conversation, please oh please get help. I did talk to Dr. Zuckerman today about my upcoming ESWT, and he said he would call you. Aren't you seeing a pod there, too, who does the alchohol injections? Dr. Z said these time to work. Can anyone take your kiddos off your hands today and tomorrow at least during the day so you can rest? If you lived in Boston, I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you. Feel better, don't worry about the diet right now, your condition is too critical to heap anything else on your 'to do' list.

Cynthia D on 1/30/01 at 09:31 (037725)

Dearest Barbara: As I told you in our email conversation, please oh please get help. I did talk to Dr. Zuckerman today about my upcoming ESWT, and he said he would call you. Aren't you seeing a pod there, too, who does the alchohol injections? Dr. Z said these take time to work. Can anyone take your kiddos off your hands today and tomorrow at least during the day so you can rest? If you lived in Boston, I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you. Feel better, don't worry about the diet right now, your condition is too critical to heap anything else on your 'to do' list.

Julie on 1/30/01 at 09:56 (037731)

Dear Barbara

My heart goes out to you. How awful - I think Cynthia is right. Do see if you can get yourself off the treadmill for a couple of days and just REST and pamper yourself. If someone can look after the children for a bit - I don't know if that's at all possible, but please think about a way of making it happen - it would be the best thing. Even a day or two would give you a break and a chance to get yourself together, so don't let this go any further.

Perhaps it is, as Pauline suggests, the temporary effect of your second ESWT. I hope so. Whatever it is, I hope it abates soon.

All my best

Julie

davidb on 1/30/01 at 10:06 (037732)

Follow Dr. Z's advice. I had searing pain in my toes. My pedorthist put a met pad in my orthotics and the pain subsided. When I got a new pair of orthotics through my doctor's office, they put the met pad in the wrong place and the pain returned. So I went back to my pedorthist and he moved the met pad and the pain went away again.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/30/01 at 11:31 (037744)

Hi

Did try to call. Have to use this board due to lack of list of my e-mails at my ofice. The laptop is at home.

So met head padding. Ice if severe foot pain.

E-mail at footcare@home.com ,

Barbara TX on 1/30/01 at 18:17 (037781)

Pauline - no, its not the result of the treatment. It is in a different part of the foot. B.

Barbara TX on 1/30/01 at 18:29 (037784)

Thanks, Cynthia... I am so sick and tired of being scared of this... however, it is working great when it comes to my diet. It keeps me very motivated and a little nauseated to have this new pain! I am seeing the DPM in town here on Thursday for more of his nice injections and I'll ask him AGAIN if there is anything weird about my gait, foot, arch. No one seems to be able to figure this thing out. Right now I'm barefoot on carpet and mostly just sitting. I will ask my DPM about whether this is met head bursitis or neuroma - has to be one or the other, and I really want to make this clear that ESWT has nothing to do with this (its in another area of my foot entirely). So, don't freak out about your ESWT. If anything it shows that I waited too long for ESWT and damaged the front of my foot by tiptoeing around for six months. I wish I knew about it last fall when I first started having problems. B.

Barbara TX on 1/30/01 at 18:33 (037785)

Thanks, davidb, I'll do just that. I am trying, but I think I may not have the right kind of pad or I'm putting it in the wrong place. My met pads are year-drop shaped and very thick. They hurt, hurt, hurt. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/30/01 at 20:42 (037796)

I tried to call you today. No answer. Is this possible no answering machine.

I will send you the met padding.

Kim B. on 1/30/01 at 20:49 (037797)

Hi Barb,

Sorry to hear you are going through what we call in FM as a 'major flair up'. I just got through one myself. Poor hubby and I spent six hours on Sunday in the ER trying to get an injection to settle the FM mess down for me. Two days later and I'm feeling quite a bit better. (Hoping not to ruin the PS trip!)

Back to your situation though. I am wondering what the hell is going on with you! Wish you the best, to get past this hurdle! Also, I must admit, I'm confused, as usual... You say you're back to using the crutches, and then you say you're going to ask the doctor to look at whether your gate may be off. Well, blind-folded I can tell you that your gate is messed up when you're on crutches! Crutches can get your whole body out of whack. I guess I'm going to have to put my eyeballs on you someday and figure you out for myself. I bet that scared the pain right out of ya.

Hang in there. Get the tallest kid you have to pull down a table cloth, some PB&J, bread, chips, etc... Tell everyone you're eating living-room-floor-picnic-style till your feet are cooperating. I know you'll come up with lots of creative ways to muddle through this one. Get better soon!

Regards, Kim B.

Beverly on 1/31/01 at 13:15 (037857)

Barbara,

I had no idea you were still on crutches. The couple of weeks I spent on crutches last summer were the worst part of my PF period. Like Kim said, crutches get your body out-of-whack. In my case, did a real number on my neck.

I had hoped that EWST would solve or at least calm down your problem.
I know how disheartening it is when a new 'bad' spot pops up.
Hope your pod gives you some answers.
This is a good day for calling Dominoes or some other takeout. I know pizza is bad for the diet, but oh how comforting.
Beverly

Barbara TX on 1/31/01 at 15:14 (037874)

Turns out that much of this pain Dr. Z attributes to neuroma syndrome... he describes my pain as typical and classic. YES! What worries me most is that something is wrong that someone can't fix - so, I'm continuing with the alcohol injections until the evil things are KILLED, and if they don't eventually die, I'm having them removed. I know I sound like I'm out of my mind, but it is comforting to know that I have something that I can have cut out and it doesn't effect the support of my foot. If anyone has experience with Morton's neuroma (neuroma bewteen the matatarsals in the ball of the foot), please post on your treatment successes! Thanks!!! B.

JudyS on 1/31/01 at 17:31 (037893)

TexBarb - my sis has a Morton's neuroma - I know that it was as debilitating as my PF last year but I haven't heard much about it since. I'll ask her what she's done for it. Oh, I do know that she started wearing Birks and that made a good difference. I'll find out more because she's even out hiking these days!
How is your day today?

Kay S on 1/31/01 at 20:16 (037915)

Poor BarbTX! I felt terrible when I read about your awful day (I think it was yesterday but I never got online and now am having a heck of a time catching up) I do have a suggestion for you, especially if you are finding that you have to stay completely off weight bearing and are using the crutches a lot. I personally think if that is the case, you need to get one of those stroller gizmos called a rollabout that I used after my tts surgery this fall. It was so great and I could still do all my work around the house such as laundry, cooking, etc. With crutches you lose your balance, but with this you feel stable, comfortable, and you have two free hands! Write if you want more info.
I can also speak to the neuroma surgery, because I had that a few years back. I had two huge neuromas in one foot and a medium one in the other foot. I had both done at once, had local anesthesia, (no mac, no meds, no anything else) went home, sat around for about 3-4 days and then went back to work before a week was up. Of all my foot surgeries, I'd say this one was the easiest. Of course, I know someone else who was off work for 10 weeks, but I sure don't think that is the norm for this kind of surgery.
If this is what is causing you so much excruciating pain, the surgery would be well worth it.
I couldn't stand to read what you wrote because I felt like squirming! I hope today was better and know you have an appointment tomorrow at the pod's office, so maybe you will both decide what this is about and get busy doing what needs to be done. I wish I could help you out too, but it's a bit far from Tx to Il to babysit! I would also make you a meal if I could, because that is the absolute best help when you have a family.
Keep us posted.
Kay

Kim B. on 1/31/01 at 22:04 (037924)

Barb,

Go over to http://www.drkoop.com and do a search on Morton's Neuroma. My brother in law had one. He described it as feeling like he's walking with a marble in his foot. Ouch!! He had surgery about a year ago. I need to get an update on him. I got the impression that he was on the mend.

Leaving in the morning to go to PS!! (My Mom told me not to kiss any dogs on the way out the door, what a hoot.) Anyway, will check in when I get back. Make note of posts of particular interest that you wouldn't want me to miss here at hell spurs, I mean heel spurs.com.

Regards, Kim

wendyn on 1/31/01 at 22:24 (037926)

Kim - what is PS? Have fun - are you flying? I will think of you. Where the heck did the button go that doesn't archive the post?

SuzanneK on 1/31/01 at 22:40 (037928)

Hi Barb. I had an open 2/3 release and heel spur removal on June 1, 2000. Recovery went very well - I am glad I had the surgery, as ESWT was not an option for me. I am a poor school teacher LOL In October, though, I had a funny feeling on the ball of my foot, like my sock was all bunched up under my foot. I was also having some what I called 'electrical shocks' running through my arch and up into the ball of my foot. I went to see my pod (whom I LOVE btw) and he diagnosed Morton's neuroma - in fact two of them! Probably came about because of my altered gait from the pf and the fact that I wore some old shoes to a funeral - 2 hours max, but they were tight. If I'd only known then what I know now! Now, I only wear Birkenstocks! He suggested a series of 7 alcohol injections. He said that is the least invasive procedure, and that if it didn't work, that we could always do surgery. Well, the injections hurt worse than the cortsone injections - way worse! But they did the trick. I have some residual numbness on the ball of the foot close to the bae of the toes. Big deal. Last May, I was praying for numbness! Go through the injections. I felt the most relief after the 4th set. Good luck - e-mail me if you want to talk more about this.

Kim B. on 1/31/01 at 22:45 (037929)

Hi Wendyn,

PS is Palm Springs, CA!! One of my closest friends won a trip through her company, so that she can attend an awards banquet. She gets to bring a guest with her. That's me! She lives in Chicago, and she used her flyer miles to get me to CA. Lot's of trave to get there. I've done some searching and very excited. We're going to be at the Marriot Hotel and SPA, and yes I'm getting a foot massage (reflexolgy) while I'm there! Will be back on Sunday. You know I hate flying, but this was an offer I couldn't refuse! Her company is paying for so much of our stay and etc. Keep me in your prayers. I have to change planes in Denver! ick!! But I gotta go! I just gotta go!

I don't know where the box to keep this kind of stuff out of the archives went. Bring it to Scott's attention for us when you have time. okay? I've suppose to be packing, (very early flight,) and here I sit yacking with you guys.

Regards, Kim B. (Fear of Flying, FM, PF,)

Barbara TX on 2/01/01 at 12:23 (037975)

THANKS Suzanne - I am getting the third round of shots today and possibly the first in a second nuroma spot. I really hope that this works. Today the places are localizing a little and so I can tell him where to shoot. Before the pain was more diffused - now I KNOW it is between the second and third toe, very near the toes. I can't thank you enough for related your experience. I will give the shots a chance and then I want these haywire nerves out! I don't care if he does it with some gin and a shrimp-fork. I want them out! B.

Re: I prefer steak knives and a martini

SuzanneK on 2/01/01 at 22:11 (038027)

Hang in there Barb. I know it seems like just when you start getting better, along comes SOMETHING ELSE! My doc even said he could do another series of shots if needed before doing surgery. Even though I have a very good outcome from my pf release, I'm not eager to go through another procedure. Sending good thoughts your way!