Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I have a question

Posted by Jason B. on 1/31/01 at 12:44 (037856)

I have been doing a project on Footwear related injurys, and i was wondering if you could help me by answering a of my questions.

First off, i was wondering what the major problems are relating to footwear are?

What problems can footwear cause?

How do most doctors fix the problem?

What type of footwear do most doctors reccomend?

Can some injurys caused by footwear be permanant?

Do certain types of footwear cause certain problems?

Are most problems related to footwear increasing or decreaseing in the last 20 years?

Re: I have a question

Dr. Biehler on 1/31/01 at 13:44 (037862)

There are a multitude of problems either caused by footwear or agravated by footwear. These can range from bursities, ulcers,fat pad collapse,corns calloses,strains, sprains,bone problems the list goes on. Most people wear shoes that are too small for their feet and lets not even talk about high heels. Runners have to be very carefull with their shoe gear and have to be carefull when the rubber loses its bounce. All lot of pedorthis believe most foot problems can be helped with proper shoe gear and there is a lot of truth to that line of thinking. Dr. B.

wendyn on 1/31/01 at 14:05 (037866)

Here's an interesting demo you can try Jason - if you haven't already done it. Have a woman outline her foot on paper wearing a high heel - then remove the foot from the shoe - and outline the foot on paper. Place one over the other and see what a difference there is between the foot and the shoe so many people cram their feet into. Quite impressive to see on paper.

Dr. Marlene reid on 1/31/01 at 23:35 (037934)

I did a press release for the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons a while back on problems with high heel shoes and also several interviews on the subject. If you want a copy of my press release, let me know at mreiddpm@yahoo.com .

Dr. Biehler on 1/31/01 at 13:44 (037862)

There are a multitude of problems either caused by footwear or agravated by footwear. These can range from bursities, ulcers,fat pad collapse,corns calloses,strains, sprains,bone problems the list goes on. Most people wear shoes that are too small for their feet and lets not even talk about high heels. Runners have to be very carefull with their shoe gear and have to be carefull when the rubber loses its bounce. All lot of pedorthis believe most foot problems can be helped with proper shoe gear and there is a lot of truth to that line of thinking. Dr. B.

wendyn on 1/31/01 at 14:05 (037866)

Here's an interesting demo you can try Jason - if you haven't already done it. Have a woman outline her foot on paper wearing a high heel - then remove the foot from the shoe - and outline the foot on paper. Place one over the other and see what a difference there is between the foot and the shoe so many people cram their feet into. Quite impressive to see on paper.

Dr. Marlene reid on 1/31/01 at 23:35 (037934)

I did a press release for the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons a while back on problems with high heel shoes and also several interviews on the subject. If you want a copy of my press release, let me know at mreiddpm@yahoo.com .