Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain just getting worse

Posted by Lawrence R on 1/31/01 at 19:37 (037905)

I have been seeing a pod. since 9/00 for heel pain. 3 cort. shots later,custom orthotics(220.00) oral steroids,currently undergoing phys. therapy(ultrasound,deep tissue massage,stretching exercises) still no relief. Pain seems to have gotten worse in side of heel where needles were injected. Dr. now seems intent on surgery (scope-three hole). I have been told that I will have to be off work for 2 months. Has anyone experienced similar problem as mine? If you had this type of surgery what was the result?

Re: Pain just getting worse

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/31/01 at 19:55 (037909)

With surgery the post-op healing time will vary. i perform miminial incison hee spur surgery and still if you are on a job which requires alot of standing then off of work for about two months is a very fair estimate

If you have a job that you can sit then you may be able to go back sooner

The option to foot surgery without the surgical compications in non-surgical ESWT. We have performed this procedure for over on year with very effective results. Feel free to either go to my ESWT patient progress reports for my site. Take a look. You can also call my office and receive a free video with addtional information. There is a section on this board just about ESWT.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/31/01 at 23:33 (037933)

You may just be having tenderness from the injections which is very common and does take a while to go away. How is your original pain at the bottom of the heel. You need to distinguish if the only pain now is at the injection site. If so, the injections were sucessful.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/31/01 at 19:55 (037909)

With surgery the post-op healing time will vary. i perform miminial incison hee spur surgery and still if you are on a job which requires alot of standing then off of work for about two months is a very fair estimate

If you have a job that you can sit then you may be able to go back sooner

The option to foot surgery without the surgical compications in non-surgical ESWT. We have performed this procedure for over on year with very effective results. Feel free to either go to my ESWT patient progress reports for my site. Take a look. You can also call my office and receive a free video with addtional information. There is a section on this board just about ESWT.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/31/01 at 23:33 (037933)

You may just be having tenderness from the injections which is very common and does take a while to go away. How is your original pain at the bottom of the heel. You need to distinguish if the only pain now is at the injection site. If so, the injections were sucessful.