Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain has moved

Posted by Elise J on 1/31/01 at 21:18 (037920)

Well after getting two shots in my heel I now find the pain is now at the top on my foot. Runs along little toe to ankle. I wear a night splint, but not religiously as it cause my toes to go numb. What is going on now? Walking is just as painful as when the heel was acting up. Anyone have any ideas on what I could do?

Re: Pain has moved

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/31/01 at 23:30 (037932)

Elise,

It is common to get pain along the outside top (lateral) side of the foot with heel pain due to walking differently. If the injections helped, try walking normal again (this is hard to do if you have had heel pain for a long time). You may try a whirlpool to loosen up the foot to help you walk normal again. It is also possible that you are getting irritation from the night splint.

Re: Pain has moved

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/31/01 at 23:30 (037932)

Elise,

It is common to get pain along the outside top (lateral) side of the foot with heel pain due to walking differently. If the injections helped, try walking normal again (this is hard to do if you have had heel pain for a long time). You may try a whirlpool to loosen up the foot to help you walk normal again. It is also possible that you are getting irritation from the night splint.