Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm off to see the Wizard...

Posted by Cynthia D on 2/01/01 at 06:32 (037945)

I wasn't going to post this because so many have already 'followed the yellow brick road' and it's probably not a big deal, but I am still so gosh darn nervous! Any experiences would be awfully reassuring if anyone who has been to the Wizard would like to share. I mean exact minute by minute when you walk into the Emerald City kind of experiences and how you are doing now. I guess I'm just a big scarecrow...

Re: I'm off to see the Wizard...

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/01/01 at 07:44 (037949)

Don't show up without the witches broom !!!!

Re: Cynthia--- Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! ;- ) eom

Steve P on 2/01/01 at 09:55 (037955)

JudyS on 2/01/01 at 10:19 (037958)

Cynthia - leave your Ruby Slippers on during treatment and you won't have a moment's discomfort! :)

Jill P on 2/01/01 at 15:45 (037994)

Good luck! I can't offer any experience but you'd better bet I'll be anxiously awaiting your post after you return so you can fill me in! I made my appointment this morning and booked my flight. I'm all set to see the Wizard just 3 weeks from tomorrow! :) Remember, just follow the yellow brick road and when you're ready to go home just click your heels 3 times and recite, 'There's no place like home.' Best wishes for a great and helpful treatment and a relaxing trip without the kids. (I'm looking forward to that part too,lol!)

Re: HEY YOU GUYS, I WAS SERIOUS!

Cynthia D on 2/01/01 at 16:38 (038002)

Hey you guys, pretty funny stuff here, I definately will print it out to take with me to see the Wizard, since I can't take Toto. Really, I should have put this in the social column for all it's worth.

I was serious that I am requesting 'testamonials' - you know, minute by minute details of your treatment, walking in the office, meeting the Wizard, eating choclates, taking drugs, putting your foot up for god knows what! Things like that, how it felt, how you felt during, after, how soon after did you get up and walk out, etc. OK? Please do this for me, my fellow suffering pf friends, other victims (I mean patients) of the Wizard.

I leave Monday early. Thanks a bunch.

Lee W. on 2/01/01 at 22:41 (038032)

Cynthia,
Take a few deep, deep breaths and RELAX--will you? I had treatment last Monday on both feet. This was my second treatment for both feet (first time for both together). I asked for a valium and the doc told his assistant to give me 5mg (baby dose) because I was driving myself home (1hr 15min.away)I asked for a valium because I originally had the nerve block on both feet and now the doc doesn't do that anymore unless you insist on it. I felt the shot insertion point for almost a week--not worth it. I watched the assistant prep the Orby while the valium kicked in. The doc came in and positioned the machine,waited for a few sound wave hits and then the assistant took over in making sure the Orby was exactly where it should be. The assistant and I both got these really neat headphones that protect your hearing from the noise of the Orby. The noise sounds just like a big staple gun. The doc checks in once in awhile. He came back to reposition the Orby, and the process started all over again. I didn't get any chocolates, but I did bring the Doc a foot-shaped chocolate that I picked up in New Hope the day before. I put my socks and shoes back on and out the door I went. I was pretty tired on the drive home, but I think that was due to waking up at 6AM (much earlier than I usually get up.) My feet are still healing. I have my good days and bad days. The weather changes aggravate my feet. Working and standing and walking alot aggravates my feet. Everyone is different in how they experience the treatment and the healing. Trust in the Doc--he knows what he's doing. I like the fact that he adjusts his treatment according to new findings. Believe me--for a few micro-moments of pain it was worth not getting that needle. GOOD LUCK and don't forget to BREATHE DEEPLY. Feel free to email me off list (Leewalling@aol.com) .

Re: Thanks

Cynthia D on 2/04/01 at 07:18 (038158)

Thanks, Lee, you have been a great help. I hope to have my courage, have a heart, and thanks to this board, I have a brain about this condition. I can't wait to tap my heels together 3 times without pain!

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/01/01 at 07:44 (037949)

Don't show up without the witches broom !!!!

Re: Cynthia--- Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! ;- ) eom

Steve P on 2/01/01 at 09:55 (037955)

JudyS on 2/01/01 at 10:19 (037958)

Cynthia - leave your Ruby Slippers on during treatment and you won't have a moment's discomfort! :)

Jill P on 2/01/01 at 15:45 (037994)

Good luck! I can't offer any experience but you'd better bet I'll be anxiously awaiting your post after you return so you can fill me in! I made my appointment this morning and booked my flight. I'm all set to see the Wizard just 3 weeks from tomorrow! :) Remember, just follow the yellow brick road and when you're ready to go home just click your heels 3 times and recite, 'There's no place like home.' Best wishes for a great and helpful treatment and a relaxing trip without the kids. (I'm looking forward to that part too,lol!)

Cynthia D on 2/01/01 at 16:38 (038002)

Hey you guys, pretty funny stuff here, I definately will print it out to take with me to see the Wizard, since I can't take Toto. Really, I should have put this in the social column for all it's worth.

I was serious that I am requesting 'testamonials' - you know, minute by minute details of your treatment, walking in the office, meeting the Wizard, eating choclates, taking drugs, putting your foot up for god knows what! Things like that, how it felt, how you felt during, after, how soon after did you get up and walk out, etc. OK? Please do this for me, my fellow suffering pf friends, other victims (I mean patients) of the Wizard.

I leave Monday early. Thanks a bunch.

Lee W. on 2/01/01 at 22:41 (038032)

Cynthia,
Take a few deep, deep breaths and RELAX--will you? I had treatment last Monday on both feet. This was my second treatment for both feet (first time for both together). I asked for a valium and the doc told his assistant to give me 5mg (baby dose) because I was driving myself home (1hr 15min.away)I asked for a valium because I originally had the nerve block on both feet and now the doc doesn't do that anymore unless you insist on it. I felt the shot insertion point for almost a week--not worth it. I watched the assistant prep the Orby while the valium kicked in. The doc came in and positioned the machine,waited for a few sound wave hits and then the assistant took over in making sure the Orby was exactly where it should be. The assistant and I both got these really neat headphones that protect your hearing from the noise of the Orby. The noise sounds just like a big staple gun. The doc checks in once in awhile. He came back to reposition the Orby, and the process started all over again. I didn't get any chocolates, but I did bring the Doc a foot-shaped chocolate that I picked up in New Hope the day before. I put my socks and shoes back on and out the door I went. I was pretty tired on the drive home, but I think that was due to waking up at 6AM (much earlier than I usually get up.) My feet are still healing. I have my good days and bad days. The weather changes aggravate my feet. Working and standing and walking alot aggravates my feet. Everyone is different in how they experience the treatment and the healing. Trust in the Doc--he knows what he's doing. I like the fact that he adjusts his treatment according to new findings. Believe me--for a few micro-moments of pain it was worth not getting that needle. GOOD LUCK and don't forget to BREATHE DEEPLY. Feel free to email me off list (Leewalling@aol.com) .

Re: Thanks

Cynthia D on 2/04/01 at 07:18 (038158)

Thanks, Lee, you have been a great help. I hope to have my courage, have a heart, and thanks to this board, I have a brain about this condition. I can't wait to tap my heels together 3 times without pain!