Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fibromitosis

Posted by Brad on 2/04/01 at 14:14 (038171)

Has anyone had surgery to remove the fibroid and could you tell me about your outcome?

Re: Plantar Fibromitosis

Rhonda on 2/13/01 at 11:47 (038827)

Brad,

I have just been diagnosed with Plantar Fibroma. I do not know if this is the same or not. As you receive information on this, please forward to me. Thanks

Brad on 2/13/01 at 21:07 (038896)

Rhonda, I can't find information anywhere. I wish I could here from someone who has had this surgery.

Jennifer on 2/16/01 at 19:33 (039203)

Let me tell you that I have had this done 3 times and just recently I had a fasciotomy, I would not recommend it to anyone unless the fibroma is the size that you cannot walk anymore. The fibroma's that I had are bilateral and grow to the size of a golfballs, when I finally opt to have them removed. They are imbedded in the arch of my foot in exactly the same spot on each foot. Having just the fibroma removed is not bad, but within a year or two 70 % return. They are a uncommon foot problem, especially if they grow larger than a pea or small marble. The pain of walking with them is less than the outcome of a fasciotomy, which is when they remove the whole fascial band from the ball of the foot to the heel. I had this done for recurrent fibromas in October, and again in November because the surgical site did not heel. Make sure that the doctor you choose has done this procedure many times and that you fully understand the outcome. There is not much information about fibromatosis on the internet, or if there is I have not found it. I have been searching and what I see most is plantar fascitis, which is not the same. If you can try orthotics, or even injections first. If I can answer any questions, I will try.

Jennifer L on 2/16/01 at 19:37 (039205)

Brad, I have put my email address so that you can contact me, just click the name at the top of the screen. I hope anything that I can tell you will be helpful.

Brad on 2/17/01 at 22:37 (039289)

Jennifer,
Thanks alot for your response. You have given me more information than I have found anywhere. I would like to e-mail you but I could not click on your name to get your e-mail address.
Thanks, Brad

brad on 2/19/01 at 07:03 (039378)

Jennifer,
Did you read my message? It is a few messages above your original post.
Brad

Rhonda on 2/13/01 at 11:47 (038827)

Brad,

I have just been diagnosed with Plantar Fibroma. I do not know if this is the same or not. As you receive information on this, please forward to me. Thanks

Brad on 2/13/01 at 21:07 (038896)

Rhonda, I can't find information anywhere. I wish I could here from someone who has had this surgery.

Jennifer on 2/16/01 at 19:33 (039203)

Let me tell you that I have had this done 3 times and just recently I had a fasciotomy, I would not recommend it to anyone unless the fibroma is the size that you cannot walk anymore. The fibroma's that I had are bilateral and grow to the size of a golfballs, when I finally opt to have them removed. They are imbedded in the arch of my foot in exactly the same spot on each foot. Having just the fibroma removed is not bad, but within a year or two 70 % return. They are a uncommon foot problem, especially if they grow larger than a pea or small marble. The pain of walking with them is less than the outcome of a fasciotomy, which is when they remove the whole fascial band from the ball of the foot to the heel. I had this done for recurrent fibromas in October, and again in November because the surgical site did not heel. Make sure that the doctor you choose has done this procedure many times and that you fully understand the outcome. There is not much information about fibromatosis on the internet, or if there is I have not found it. I have been searching and what I see most is plantar fascitis, which is not the same. If you can try orthotics, or even injections first. If I can answer any questions, I will try.

Jennifer L on 2/16/01 at 19:37 (039205)

Brad, I have put my email address so that you can contact me, just click the name at the top of the screen. I hope anything that I can tell you will be helpful.

Brad on 2/17/01 at 22:37 (039289)

Jennifer,
Thanks alot for your response. You have given me more information than I have found anywhere. I would like to e-mail you but I could not click on your name to get your e-mail address.
Thanks, Brad

brad on 2/19/01 at 07:03 (039378)

Jennifer,
Did you read my message? It is a few messages above your original post.
Brad