Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shoes

Posted by Mary W. on 2/04/01 at 17:53 (038185)

I have purchased some clog-type shoes by Clark. They really have a good foot bed and arch support, and the top of the shoe comes up high on my foot. I am wondering about the heel. It is sort of sunken and cups the heel. Right now this feels pretty good on my feet but I'm wondering if that type of heel is bad for PF.

Re: shoes

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/04/01 at 18:39 (038188)

You want to cup the heel to keep the fat padding under the foot and prevent the heel from excessively pronating. Just make sure that the heel isn't below the rest of the foot. Are you sure that the entire heel area is sunken or just part of it. Just make sure the heel bone isn't lower then the rest of the foot. If it is it will place the achilles tendon in a full stretched positon which isn't good. Earth Shoes had this type of heel and they caused alot of achilles tendonitis in feet.

Re: shoes

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/04/01 at 18:39 (038188)

You want to cup the heel to keep the fat padding under the foot and prevent the heel from excessively pronating. Just make sure that the heel isn't below the rest of the foot. Are you sure that the entire heel area is sunken or just part of it. Just make sure the heel bone isn't lower then the rest of the foot. If it is it will place the achilles tendon in a full stretched positon which isn't good. Earth Shoes had this type of heel and they caused alot of achilles tendonitis in feet.