Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Planta Facia/ Ossatron

Posted by Carolina Purvis on 2/05/01 at 14:46 (038235)

Im writing on behalf of my mom. She has a bone spur in her R. foot. She has had 2 opeartions, and is still living with pain. Could Ossatron treatment help her? And how could I find a doctor in my area, that curretnly utilizes Ossatron as a treatment?

Re: Planta Facia/ Ossatron

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/01 at 20:06 (038259)

Well ESWT can help pain from failed heel spur surgery . We have had very effective pain relief from patients that have pf, heel spurs, I have a small group that are undergoing ESWT after failed heel spur surgery. I just performed an ESWT on a patient that had failed open heel spur surgery today
Will keep you informed. So read and ask all the questions that you may have.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/06/01 at 00:13 (038281)

Caroline, you didn't say where you are from. I am now using theOssaTron, the only FDA approved shockwave devise in the US. Healthtronics.com has the complete list of OssaTron sites available. I'm located in the Chicago area. Feel free to email or call if you have any questions. (630) 852-8650. I'll be out of town at the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Annual Meeting the rest of this week, but will be back next week.

wallace calvert on 2/07/01 at 13:41 (038365)

could you please tell me what causes plantar fascitis. can it happen from coming down on your foot.

Barbara TX on 2/08/01 at 11:11 (038436)

Hello Wallace - Yes, pf can result from coming down hard on the foot! But a jumping or falling injury can cause other things too. Read our webmaster Scott's PF BOOK (click on the link on the main page) to read more about its causes and how to cure it. Maybe you might describe your incident in detail to the doctors, and they might determine if you have pf or something else. Where do you have pain, and what do you think caused it? B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/01 at 20:06 (038259)

Well ESWT can help pain from failed heel spur surgery . We have had very effective pain relief from patients that have pf, heel spurs, I have a small group that are undergoing ESWT after failed heel spur surgery. I just performed an ESWT on a patient that had failed open heel spur surgery today
Will keep you informed. So read and ask all the questions that you may have.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/06/01 at 00:13 (038281)

Caroline, you didn't say where you are from. I am now using theOssaTron, the only FDA approved shockwave devise in the US. Healthtronics.com has the complete list of OssaTron sites available. I'm located in the Chicago area. Feel free to email or call if you have any questions. (630) 852-8650. I'll be out of town at the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Annual Meeting the rest of this week, but will be back next week.

wallace calvert on 2/07/01 at 13:41 (038365)

could you please tell me what causes plantar fascitis. can it happen from coming down on your foot.

Barbara TX on 2/08/01 at 11:11 (038436)

Hello Wallace - Yes, pf can result from coming down hard on the foot! But a jumping or falling injury can cause other things too. Read our webmaster Scott's PF BOOK (click on the link on the main page) to read more about its causes and how to cure it. Maybe you might describe your incident in detail to the doctors, and they might determine if you have pf or something else. Where do you have pain, and what do you think caused it? B.