Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Confused about Orbasone healing time.??

Posted by rekha.s on 2/05/01 at 15:35 (038238)

Hello everyone. The technician called me this morning to follow up...I told him I was doing better, ...His name is Dory Shapow..in Los Angeles, California. He said that his patients have an average healing time of 12-16 weeks, ...now this is very different from what Dr Zuckerman and
Dr Weil, Jr. report...they say that their patients usually find relief within a week of the procedure.???

How can that be? Everyone is using the Orbasone...it is the same machine by Norland...the only difference is that Dory Shapow's office performs the procedure without anesthesia. Could that be the reason?

I remember when I had procedure in May I didn't get maximum benefit until Sept (week 12-16).

Just a little confused.

Re: Confused about Orbasone healing time.??

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/01 at 20:03 (038257)

Alot of patients do get relief with one week, some in two weeks and some take the full six to twelve week period. We find that the healing ability of the sound wave is most effective between week six and twelve. So you are in the over twelve week healing period. There are patients with the ossatron that report healing in the same time frames

john h on 2/06/01 at 10:34 (038294)

what i have found out is that overall the orbasone treatment has helped. you can still have setbacks even after 6 months but the setbacks are shorter lived. the orbason treatment has lowered my pain from an average of around 4 to an average of around 2. I have never gone back to a 4 but have on occasion gone to a 3 and as low as 1.5. I still plan on treatment #3 in the spring.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/06/01 at 11:30 (038296)

Will be hear waiting for you

Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/01 at 20:03 (038257)

Alot of patients do get relief with one week, some in two weeks and some take the full six to twelve week period. We find that the healing ability of the sound wave is most effective between week six and twelve. So you are in the over twelve week healing period. There are patients with the ossatron that report healing in the same time frames

john h on 2/06/01 at 10:34 (038294)

what i have found out is that overall the orbasone treatment has helped. you can still have setbacks even after 6 months but the setbacks are shorter lived. the orbason treatment has lowered my pain from an average of around 4 to an average of around 2. I have never gone back to a 4 but have on occasion gone to a 3 and as low as 1.5. I still plan on treatment #3 in the spring.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/06/01 at 11:30 (038296)

Will be hear waiting for you

Dr. Z