Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ultram

Posted by Chris B. on 2/05/01 at 18:41 (038246)

I have been taking Ultram for my pain with RSD along with other meds for about 3 days now. I can not believe the difference in my pain. He said to take 1-2 4 times a day. I usually take 1 in the morning but start on the 2 later in the day. I feel SO much better. I really am finally feeling like myself. I can really tell when I need another, so it has to be the Ultram. Are there any precautions about taking this med?

Re: Ultram

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/01 at 20:00 (038255)

This is a very good medication for pain. I am glad that it is helpful to you. This is some problems with dependency with this drug. Just try to use this drug only as needed, but with your pain what choice do you have.

So long as you are functioning with a decrease in pain. The choice is take the drug but only as needed. It is also possible that the drug will loses it;s pain relief ability with increase use. Let's hope not.

Good luck glad you found some relief

Paul M. on 2/05/01 at 20:12 (038262)

I have been taking this drug for several months...but only three a day. Initially I thought it helped more than anything I had tried, but after a few weeks, I couldn't tell a difference if I stopped taking it for a few days. I really don't bother with it much now, but maybe I should try again with increased dosage. Good luck!

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/01 at 20:00 (038255)

This is a very good medication for pain. I am glad that it is helpful to you. This is some problems with dependency with this drug. Just try to use this drug only as needed, but with your pain what choice do you have.

So long as you are functioning with a decrease in pain. The choice is take the drug but only as needed. It is also possible that the drug will loses it;s pain relief ability with increase use. Let's hope not.

Good luck glad you found some relief

Paul M. on 2/05/01 at 20:12 (038262)

I have been taking this drug for several months...but only three a day. Initially I thought it helped more than anything I had tried, but after a few weeks, I couldn't tell a difference if I stopped taking it for a few days. I really don't bother with it much now, but maybe I should try again with increased dosage. Good luck!