Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cortizone Shots

Posted by Tracy C. on 2/06/01 at 10:02 (038292)

Whenever I have these shots in my feet for my PF, they effect lasts for about 2-3 months. Is it common for the shots to help relieve the pain for this long? I am just curious because most of the messages I have read on the board indicate the shots only lasted a day or a week and the pain was back. It seems that the shots really help me for a good length of time.

The only reason I have had more shots than recommended is because they help so much for so long. I treat them gingerly the entire time, though. If I am on my feet too long, If I am on my feet for 2 or more hours during the 2-3 month period after a Cortizone shot, I experience pain in the arch of my feet. My arch aches and feels strained. But, no heel pain. I think it is interesting how the shot can help my heels so much.

It also makes me realize the reason I have PF, it seems because of the strain on my fascia, I can feel it pulling so much. Even though right now I do not feel heel pain, I can feel the tightness of my fascia.

Re: Cortizone Shots

Barbara TX on 2/06/01 at 11:40 (038298)

Tracy - If shots help, you may be an excellent candidate for ESWT. If you haven't done so already, click on the link. This may be a permanent solution to your problem. Are you doint any kind of stretching of your calf, achilles or foot? The tension may be alleviated by a GENTLE stretching routine. Good luck! B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/07/01 at 11:07 (038353)

ESWT is a good option . The most important thing is to determine the way of how this returns. Are you shoes ok, what activity in your daily life style could be causing this. PF is a repetitive motion injury.

So look for the cause and read to see if ESWT is right for you. Be happy to answer and question about your foot and or ESWT.

Barbara TX on 2/06/01 at 11:40 (038298)

Tracy - If shots help, you may be an excellent candidate for ESWT. If you haven't done so already, click on the link. This may be a permanent solution to your problem. Are you doint any kind of stretching of your calf, achilles or foot? The tension may be alleviated by a GENTLE stretching routine. Good luck! B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/07/01 at 11:07 (038353)

ESWT is a good option . The most important thing is to determine the way of how this returns. Are you shoes ok, what activity in your daily life style could be causing this. PF is a repetitive motion injury.

So look for the cause and read to see if ESWT is right for you. Be happy to answer and question about your foot and or ESWT.