Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Simple

Posted by John M. on 2/06/01 at 21:09 (038318)

I have discovered a new clog called Simple. They cost about $70 and come in two styles. I have had chronic PF for nearly a year. I have tried everything from Percodan to custom ortotics. These clogs have helped alot. The only time I don't wear them is in bed or in the shower

Re: Simple

Richard, C.Ped on 2/07/01 at 06:12 (038331)

Hi John,
I have never heard of that brand. Is that the style name or the brand name?

Has anyone ever tried Dansko clogs?
Richard

Re: Simple (me again)

Richard, C.Ped on 2/07/01 at 06:19 (038332)

I have emailed the company for a price list as well as a catalog and hopefully a sample or two. They look like Birks to me, but the web site picture is kind of blurry.
Richard

Janet on 2/07/01 at 11:23 (038357)

Hi Richard,

I just bought some Dansko clogs a few months ago. To be honest the first 3 weeks I wore them I was wondering what all the hullabaloo was about, because they hurt my feet. Now that I've broken them in though I find them quite comfortable. I also find my Joseph Seibel walking shoes wonderful. They have an air cushion 'bubble' in the heel. I added a soft arch support that I purchased from the Walking Store (I've given up on my hard custom orthotics) and this combination can decrease my pain level from about a 7 to a 3!

Re: Dansko

Barbara TX on 2/07/01 at 11:50 (038358)

I was so excited about trying Danskos that I bought two pairs at once and wore them right away... but over the course of only one week wearing them resulted in PAINFUL neuromas. They felt great on my heel, but they aided my bad habit of walking on the balls of my feet. It has been a really awful experience, but I am glad that you have had good luck with yours. One benefit of the Danskos is that they brought to a head a problem that I had before that was very subtle and the flair-up allowed me to take care of it. B.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/07/01 at 13:13 (038362)

Thanx for the input.

Would you guys or anyone else recommend the Danskos for people who are on their feet all day? My wife wanted me to get some for her. The company asked if I wanted to be a dealer. I don't know if it would be worth while.
Richard

wendyn on 2/07/01 at 13:21 (038364)

What size are your wife's feet? I spent a fortune on a pair in Indianapolis and I don't think I can wear them. If I do wear them it's only when I go out and I'll be sitting for most of the time.

John M. on 2/07/01 at 13:49 (038366)

Simple is a brand Name

Richard, C.Ped on 2/07/01 at 15:08 (038370)

6 1/2 B/C. Are they usually pretty expensive??
Richard

Re: Simple -Dansko

Martha B. on 2/07/01 at 20:38 (038392)

LOVE my dansko clogs-the professional-has a back on them-took me a week to get used to the loose fit.

Martha B. on 2/07/01 at 20:46 (038394)

Look up http://www.clogworld.com-they ship for free. Just about all Dansko I have found are around $100. Just call me BIGFOOT at a size 9. I have worn the clogs all day with pretty good results but mainly wear my tennis shoes with orthotics for heavy duty days!

Katherine on 2/07/01 at 22:18 (038400)

I tried on a pair with the backs and they are very loose, like Dutch Girl shoes, they also were HARD on the heal part. I have very high arches and PF that 4 1/2 mos. of Physical Therapy, including Iontophoresis, massaging (ouch, but it feels better later), BAPS board, Total Gym strengthening of the calves, MUCH stretching the achilles, using ice, anti-inflammatories, using a wedge board for home stretching multiple times per day, rolling on a golf ball . . . none of it has enabled me to be able to walk about or stand for over an hour! I also seemed to just 'get' this one day in late Agust. Dr. tells me I'm not a candidate for surgery or cort. injections, because my pain doesn't emminate from that area. Sigh . . .
Any suggestions. Tried hard white plastic inserts from Dr., HURT, Spenco softer ones with arch support, heal cups, now using Dr. Scholl's Dyna step, with that being the only comfort so far. Still doesn't help the chonic aching in the heals that *is* from the arches.
Thanks,
Katherine

Katherine on 2/07/01 at 22:45 (038406)

I tried on a pair with the backs and they are very loose, like Dutch Girl shoes, they also were HARD on the heal part. I have very high arches and PF that 4 1/2 mos. of Physical Therapy, including Iontophoresis, massaging (ouch, but it feels better later), BAPS board, Total Gym strengthening of the calves, MUCH stretching the achilles, using ice, anti-inflammatories, using a wedge board for home stretching multiple times per day, rolling on a golf ball . . . none of it has enabled me to be able to walk about or stand for over an hour! I also seemed to just 'get' this one day in late Agust. Dr. tells me I'm not a candidate for surgery or cort. injections, because my pain doesn't emminate from that area. Sigh . . .
Any suggestions. Tried hard white plastic inserts from Dr., HURT, Spenco softer ones with arch support, heal cups, now using Dr. Scholl's Dyna step, with that being the only comfort so far. Still doesn't help the chonic aching in the heals that *is* from the arches.
Thanks,
Katherine

Ellen W on 2/08/01 at 08:51 (038426)

Hi Katherine,

My last bout of leg and ankle pain was retrocalcaneal bursitis combined with achilles tendonitis, not PF, so don't know if this will help you. PT helped with the tendonitis, but not the inflammation, and several rounds of anti-inflammatories hadn't resolved the stiffness and pain. What finally helped was a methlyprednisone dose pack, which is an oral steroid that you take for 5 or 6 days, plus gentle ankle exercises using elastic bands to strengthen the ankle area. The dose pack seemed to break the inflammation cycle. I'm still not completely better--I still have days when my ankle stiffens up or I get stop and go pain -- but I am able to walk more normally. You may want to discuss this medication with your doctor, in addition to following Richard's advice about orthoics. I have written previously on this board about my experience with this med; you could do a search re. my suggestions on taking it.
Ellen

Re: Dansko: like several

Beverly on 2/08/01 at 15:29 (038452)

I like Dansko. They are second to my Birks. I have a pair of the professional clogs (closed back) and the Meta sandals. They feel good on my heel and give above average arch support, but I don't think I could wear them all day. I wear them when I need to be dressed up and a Birk just doesn't cut it. But if I had a healthy foot, I might love them all day. Of course, if I had a healthy foot, I'd be wearing something better looking than any of these shoes!
I tried Joseph Seibel and had to return them. They were too soft and that hurt my heel ... also not enough arch support, but I've seen posts from people who love them.
After trying every shoe in the universe (or at least it feels that way), the only two I can wear all day are my Arizona Birk sandals and my Boston Birk clogs, and to a lesser extent, top quality athletic shoes with Spenco inserts. I guess I've either not gotten the custom orthodic that is right for me or I'm just not a good canidate for them. I've had no luck with custom orthodics.
Beverly

JudyS on 2/08/01 at 16:31 (038457)

Hi Katherine - We had a discussion here last week about the issue of high arches. One of the ladies (Donna?) posted a great website that has an excellent article about high arches and their 'special' issues and newly recognized ideas for dealing with them. Those ideas include information on shoes and orthotics. I think the website is 'biomechanics.com', the name of the article is 'the Cavus foot'. Donna, hope you'll correct me here if need be. Anyway, the article is quite enlightening and you'll identify with it - right down to that callous you mentioned!

Re: Simple -Dansko biomech cavus artical new web address

Donna SL on 2/08/01 at 18:55 (038467)

Hi Judy, Katherine,

The article is now on the the archives of biomecanical magazine. It's much easier to read now, because the print is bigger.

The direct address to the article on the cavus foot is

http://www.biomech.com/db_area/archives/2001/0101orthoses.55.bio.html

The address to the main magazine is

http://www.biomech.com/

You can also go to main address of the magizine and do a search on 'cavus' with the search archives function, and the article will show up.

Donna

Re: Thanks, Donna! eom:)

JudyS on 2/08/01 at 19:08 (038470)

:)

Jasmine on 2/15/01 at 14:39 (039059)

John - I also have Simple clogs...had them a few years, but I didn't originally get them because of my PF...got them because they're so comfy. Mine don't have any arch support or anything like everyone seems to be recommending. Do yours? Just wondering if they have a different kind. I'm having ESWT done tomorrow...maybe I should wear my Simples after instead of my Birks!

Richard, C.Ped on 2/07/01 at 06:12 (038331)

Hi John,
I have never heard of that brand. Is that the style name or the brand name?

Has anyone ever tried Dansko clogs?
Richard

Re: Simple (me again)

Richard, C.Ped on 2/07/01 at 06:19 (038332)

I have emailed the company for a price list as well as a catalog and hopefully a sample or two. They look like Birks to me, but the web site picture is kind of blurry.
Richard

Janet on 2/07/01 at 11:23 (038357)

Hi Richard,

I just bought some Dansko clogs a few months ago. To be honest the first 3 weeks I wore them I was wondering what all the hullabaloo was about, because they hurt my feet. Now that I've broken them in though I find them quite comfortable. I also find my Joseph Seibel walking shoes wonderful. They have an air cushion 'bubble' in the heel. I added a soft arch support that I purchased from the Walking Store (I've given up on my hard custom orthotics) and this combination can decrease my pain level from about a 7 to a 3!

Barbara TX on 2/07/01 at 11:50 (038358)

I was so excited about trying Danskos that I bought two pairs at once and wore them right away... but over the course of only one week wearing them resulted in PAINFUL neuromas. They felt great on my heel, but they aided my bad habit of walking on the balls of my feet. It has been a really awful experience, but I am glad that you have had good luck with yours. One benefit of the Danskos is that they brought to a head a problem that I had before that was very subtle and the flair-up allowed me to take care of it. B.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/07/01 at 13:13 (038362)

Thanx for the input.

Would you guys or anyone else recommend the Danskos for people who are on their feet all day? My wife wanted me to get some for her. The company asked if I wanted to be a dealer. I don't know if it would be worth while.
Richard

wendyn on 2/07/01 at 13:21 (038364)

What size are your wife's feet? I spent a fortune on a pair in Indianapolis and I don't think I can wear them. If I do wear them it's only when I go out and I'll be sitting for most of the time.

John M. on 2/07/01 at 13:49 (038366)

Simple is a brand Name

Richard, C.Ped on 2/07/01 at 15:08 (038370)

6 1/2 B/C. Are they usually pretty expensive??
Richard

Martha B. on 2/07/01 at 20:38 (038392)

LOVE my dansko clogs-the professional-has a back on them-took me a week to get used to the loose fit.

Martha B. on 2/07/01 at 20:46 (038394)

Look up http://www.clogworld.com-they ship for free. Just about all Dansko I have found are around $100. Just call me BIGFOOT at a size 9. I have worn the clogs all day with pretty good results but mainly wear my tennis shoes with orthotics for heavy duty days!

Katherine on 2/07/01 at 22:18 (038400)

Thanks,
Katherine

Katherine on 2/07/01 at 22:45 (038406)

Thanks,
Katherine

Ellen W on 2/08/01 at 08:51 (038426)

Hi Katherine,

My last bout of leg and ankle pain was retrocalcaneal bursitis combined with achilles tendonitis, not PF, so don't know if this will help you. PT helped with the tendonitis, but not the inflammation, and several rounds of anti-inflammatories hadn't resolved the stiffness and pain. What finally helped was a methlyprednisone dose pack, which is an oral steroid that you take for 5 or 6 days, plus gentle ankle exercises using elastic bands to strengthen the ankle area. The dose pack seemed to break the inflammation cycle. I'm still not completely better--I still have days when my ankle stiffens up or I get stop and go pain -- but I am able to walk more normally. You may want to discuss this medication with your doctor, in addition to following Richard's advice about orthoics. I have written previously on this board about my experience with this med; you could do a search re. my suggestions on taking it.
Ellen

Re: Dansko: like several

Beverly on 2/08/01 at 15:29 (038452)

I like Dansko. They are second to my Birks. I have a pair of the professional clogs (closed back) and the Meta sandals. They feel good on my heel and give above average arch support, but I don't think I could wear them all day. I wear them when I need to be dressed up and a Birk just doesn't cut it. But if I had a healthy foot, I might love them all day. Of course, if I had a healthy foot, I'd be wearing something better looking than any of these shoes!
I tried Joseph Seibel and had to return them. They were too soft and that hurt my heel ... also not enough arch support, but I've seen posts from people who love them.
After trying every shoe in the universe (or at least it feels that way), the only two I can wear all day are my Arizona Birk sandals and my Boston Birk clogs, and to a lesser extent, top quality athletic shoes with Spenco inserts. I guess I've either not gotten the custom orthodic that is right for me or I'm just not a good canidate for them. I've had no luck with custom orthodics.
Beverly

JudyS on 2/08/01 at 16:31 (038457)

Hi Katherine - We had a discussion here last week about the issue of high arches. One of the ladies (Donna?) posted a great website that has an excellent article about high arches and their 'special' issues and newly recognized ideas for dealing with them. Those ideas include information on shoes and orthotics. I think the website is 'biomechanics.com', the name of the article is 'the Cavus foot'. Donna, hope you'll correct me here if need be. Anyway, the article is quite enlightening and you'll identify with it - right down to that callous you mentioned!

Re: Simple -Dansko biomech cavus artical new web address

Donna SL on 2/08/01 at 18:55 (038467)

Hi Judy, Katherine,

The article is now on the the archives of biomecanical magazine. It's much easier to read now, because the print is bigger.

The direct address to the article on the cavus foot is

http://www.biomech.com/db_area/archives/2001/0101orthoses.55.bio.html

The address to the main magazine is

http://www.biomech.com/

You can also go to main address of the magizine and do a search on 'cavus' with the search archives function, and the article will show up.

Donna

Re: Thanks, Donna! eom:)

JudyS on 2/08/01 at 19:08 (038470)

:)

Jasmine on 2/15/01 at 14:39 (039059)

John - I also have Simple clogs...had them a few years, but I didn't originally get them because of my PF...got them because they're so comfy. Mine don't have any arch support or anything like everyone seems to be recommending. Do yours? Just wondering if they have a different kind. I'm having ESWT done tomorrow...maybe I should wear my Simples after instead of my Birks!