Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RSD - Lumbar Block Status (Chris B.?)

Posted by Marie on 2/06/01 at 22:57 (038325)

Hi Chris,

How did your 2nd block go? Mine was ok I guess. They ended up sticking me 8 times just to get the IV in. My arms are bruised now. I don't feel any different. I am having the same pain in my hips and back which is normal.

I start Physical Therapy this Friday. My other foot is starting to get the same type of pain as the left. I am going to see if they will take me off of the Neurotin because I don't feel that it is helping me any.

Let me know how you are doing.....god bless....Marie

Re: RSD - Lumbar Block Status (Chris B.?)

Chris B. on 2/07/01 at 06:50 (038333)

Marie- just a quick note before I leave for school. My second one is tomorrow. My doctor said that there are different blocks he can do if we feel after the second that there is no improvement. I'm not any better than I was before the first. But the meds are helping me get through it. I really feel that the Neurontin is helping me- not as much burning as before. I can wear clothes and tolerate things on my legs a lot better (such as papers that I am grading). It sounds like your RSD is moving- mine already went to the other leg- I just hope that it stays there. Let's keep in touch. Meet me on the support board and we can complain together. Just kidding- but it does help to know that someone is going through the same thing. Where are you from? I'm south of D.C. in Virginia. Take care.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/07/01 at 11:00 (038350)

If your attitude is what it takes to get you better you are getting better already Just keep moving and moving

Chris B. on 2/07/01 at 19:56 (038387)

Dr.Zuckerman,

Speaking of moving, is it possible to 'overmove'? When I go to swim laps, it feels so good that I don't want to leave the water. I have, using different strokes, spent 75 minutes swimming laps. I also, on other nights, use the nordic track, recumbent bike, and eliptical trainer. When I am moving, I really forget the pain for the most part. But sometimes the pain really increases when I get home. My doctor said to slow it down, but didn't give a reason. Any thoughts?

Marie on 2/09/01 at 17:50 (038568)

Hi Chirs,

I live in Columbus, Ohio. I went today for my Physical Therapy evaluation. I am starting PT 3 times a week on Monday. My next block is on 2/20.

Hope things are going well for you.......Take care, Marie

Chris B. on 2/07/01 at 06:50 (038333)

Marie- just a quick note before I leave for school. My second one is tomorrow. My doctor said that there are different blocks he can do if we feel after the second that there is no improvement. I'm not any better than I was before the first. But the meds are helping me get through it. I really feel that the Neurontin is helping me- not as much burning as before. I can wear clothes and tolerate things on my legs a lot better (such as papers that I am grading). It sounds like your RSD is moving- mine already went to the other leg- I just hope that it stays there. Let's keep in touch. Meet me on the support board and we can complain together. Just kidding- but it does help to know that someone is going through the same thing. Where are you from? I'm south of D.C. in Virginia. Take care.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/07/01 at 11:00 (038350)

If your attitude is what it takes to get you better you are getting better already Just keep moving and moving

Chris B. on 2/07/01 at 19:56 (038387)

Dr.Zuckerman,

Speaking of moving, is it possible to 'overmove'? When I go to swim laps, it feels so good that I don't want to leave the water. I have, using different strokes, spent 75 minutes swimming laps. I also, on other nights, use the nordic track, recumbent bike, and eliptical trainer. When I am moving, I really forget the pain for the most part. But sometimes the pain really increases when I get home. My doctor said to slow it down, but didn't give a reason. Any thoughts?

Marie on 2/09/01 at 17:50 (038568)

Hi Chirs,

I live in Columbus, Ohio. I went today for my Physical Therapy evaluation. I am starting PT 3 times a week on Monday. My next block is on 2/20.

Hope things are going well for you.......Take care, Marie