Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by malcolm wolcott on 2/07/01 at 17:27 (038374)

I have had plantar fasciitis in right heel for more than 18 months. I have tried ALL remidies and was ready have orthotripys done and at the 11th hr my insurance B/C B/S of Rochester NY would not cover it.Their reason was it was 'too new' I have made a number of attemps to convince them otherwise,even working with the ossatron company to make a case to the Dr's at B/C B/S 'Too new and not enough written about it to cover', was the last response. Quality of life is not good. I am not overweigh and have been a runner and was in great shape for a 55 yr old . Had this problem in other foot when playing sports in college(lacrosse and hockey) it went away but still have some pain after running. What should I do??

Re: heel pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/07/01 at 19:43 (038385)

Hi,

This is a tough one when it comes to the insurance company. I have had the problem with all of the Blue Shields. Maybe the doctor will work out a payment plan. We do at our office. We do have a special program called Care Credit . This is an interest free one year program.

Now back to your foot. This is really a tough one . I wish i had a solution except for having surgery or trying to work out a payment.

Julie on 2/08/01 at 03:05 (038410)

Malcolm, you say you 'have some pain after running'. I'm sorry to be a killjoy, but you should think about stopping running while your PF persists. If running caused it, it will also prolong it and worsen it - most cases of PF are repetitive motion injuries, and rest is the essential treatment for it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/07/01 at 19:43 (038385)

Hi,

This is a tough one when it comes to the insurance company. I have had the problem with all of the Blue Shields. Maybe the doctor will work out a payment plan. We do at our office. We do have a special program called Care Credit . This is an interest free one year program.

Now back to your foot. This is really a tough one . I wish i had a solution except for having surgery or trying to work out a payment.

Julie on 2/08/01 at 03:05 (038410)

Malcolm, you say you 'have some pain after running'. I'm sorry to be a killjoy, but you should think about stopping running while your PF persists. If running caused it, it will also prolong it and worsen it - most cases of PF are repetitive motion injuries, and rest is the essential treatment for it.