Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help my foot hurts

Posted by Dennis F on 2/07/01 at 18:43 (038377)

Tell me what i can do . My exray shows a heel spur.I went to a podiatrist he gave me a shot of cortisone it did help for one day but pain came back . He also taped around foot and through big toe this did not help. Iwere two to three pairs of thick socks a day,and that helps but as soon as I take my boots off the pain is incredible.If i sit down to dinner my foot kills me when I have to get up .Also when i wake in the morning it takes a long time to get going .I do asphalt work for myself and rest is not an option so someone please help .I have two soles in my shoes and a arch support along with my two socks ITs bearable working all day but man as soon as i get home and take shoes of Im introuble can some one help or what

Re: Help my foot hurts

Nancy N on 2/07/01 at 20:14 (038390)

Dennis--

Have you read the PF book? There are a lot of ideas and suggestions in there that you can try. You really do need to do everything you can to get off your feet as much as possible, so see if there is anything at all you can do to accomplish that. But the best advice is to read the book (print it out, keep it for reference) and start trying things. Have you been back to the doctor about the continued pain to see what else he suggests you try? I would do all those things first.

Barbara TX on 2/08/01 at 11:16 (038437)

After you read the PF Book, pay close attention to the workboots you use - standing on asphalt all day is murder on the heels. You will need some good arch support, a good, stiff sole that absorbs shocks... all this will contribute to your comfort. Good luck! B.

Paula on 2/10/01 at 14:39 (038624)

I agree with you Barbara. Once in a great while my feet would hurt but no more than the average person. Until....I went to work as a cashier. Standing! I did that about a year before the PF hit me full force and I began my jouney....
Anything but standing. I can't even stand to do the dishes right now.
Yes, too to having to move first thing in the morning. That is why I want to see about trying the night splints.
I did not know there was a PF book.
I feel for you, sir. Everyone here on this board does I am sure. Maybe this is a little off track, but three years ago I was diagnosed with a really bad facial nerve disorder. I went to the emergency room, to dentists, you name it. Finally...my last trip to the ER...I was looked 'down' on when I got there...until the doctor diagnosed me....I don't know why doctors do not listen anymore, but a lot of them don't.
Know your problem. Research it and ask questions. We as patients must be our own advocates here.
From what I have learned...time is the only true way toward relief. I will not say cure, because in reading, I do not think there is such a thing as a cure.
People here seem to truly be the only ones I know right now who really understand the real pain. Hang in there and keep posting.

Re: Help my foot hurts...I didn't know there was a PF Book

Julie on 2/10/01 at 15:16 (038628)

Scott, are you around? I'm sorry to bang on about the undue reticence of the PF Book link on the home page, but did you see Paula's message? I wonder how many new people don't realize there is a PF Book...

Nancy N on 2/07/01 at 20:14 (038390)

Dennis--

Have you read the PF book? There are a lot of ideas and suggestions in there that you can try. You really do need to do everything you can to get off your feet as much as possible, so see if there is anything at all you can do to accomplish that. But the best advice is to read the book (print it out, keep it for reference) and start trying things. Have you been back to the doctor about the continued pain to see what else he suggests you try? I would do all those things first.

Barbara TX on 2/08/01 at 11:16 (038437)

After you read the PF Book, pay close attention to the workboots you use - standing on asphalt all day is murder on the heels. You will need some good arch support, a good, stiff sole that absorbs shocks... all this will contribute to your comfort. Good luck! B.

Paula on 2/10/01 at 14:39 (038624)

I agree with you Barbara. Once in a great while my feet would hurt but no more than the average person. Until....I went to work as a cashier. Standing! I did that about a year before the PF hit me full force and I began my jouney....
Anything but standing. I can't even stand to do the dishes right now.
Yes, too to having to move first thing in the morning. That is why I want to see about trying the night splints.
I did not know there was a PF book.
I feel for you, sir. Everyone here on this board does I am sure. Maybe this is a little off track, but three years ago I was diagnosed with a really bad facial nerve disorder. I went to the emergency room, to dentists, you name it. Finally...my last trip to the ER...I was looked 'down' on when I got there...until the doctor diagnosed me....I don't know why doctors do not listen anymore, but a lot of them don't.
Know your problem. Research it and ask questions. We as patients must be our own advocates here.
From what I have learned...time is the only true way toward relief. I will not say cure, because in reading, I do not think there is such a thing as a cure.
People here seem to truly be the only ones I know right now who really understand the real pain. Hang in there and keep posting.

Re: Help my foot hurts...I didn't know there was a PF Book

Julie on 2/10/01 at 15:16 (038628)

Scott, are you around? I'm sorry to bang on about the undue reticence of the PF Book link on the home page, but did you see Paula's message? I wonder how many new people don't realize there is a PF Book...