Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Your Mom - My reply button won't work so I'm writing you here.

Posted by Cynthia D on 2/09/01 at 09:32 (038518)

Mairzy, you are a great daughter, I hope mine will grow up like you! I see you got all kinds of great responses, so I just wanted to add one more regarding the calluses. Barbara TX gave you some good products. But the best one I ever found for cracked heels, fingers (especially in the winter when the air is dry), is, believe it or not, for cracked nipples due to nursing an infant! Nothing can compare to the pain of cracked and bleeding nipples that have to be suckled on day and night! The amazing new invention which came along in time for my THIRD baby is called 'Lansinoh'. You can find it in the drug store right along with the diaper cream, usually. It comes in a purple tube. It is pure sheep's oil/lard from their skin. Did you ever see a sheep get sheared? It's very, very, thick and non-smelling. I second Barbara in globbing it on at bedtime and sleeping with socks on. Really glob it on, be generous. And put it on all day long if she can sit with her feet propped up to let it get absorbed, even better. In a matter of 1-2 days, your Mom will have one less pain to worry about. Good luck with all the rest, I've just returned from ESWT myself. You are a great daughter!

Re: This was for Mairzy C.

Cynthia D on 2/09/01 at 09:48 (038520)

eom

Re: This was for Mairzy C.

Cynthia D on 2/09/01 at 09:48 (038520)

eom