Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes! www.cloudwalkers.com - - WOW!

Posted by Kim B. on 2/11/01 at 02:12 (038653)

I checked out the site that someone here mentioned. (Sorry, can't re-call where in the maze of messages I saw it.) These look pretty good for those, like me, who require softer shoes.

Comfy shoes with reasonable prices? I can't believe I just put those two
words in the same sentence. Ok, it's a fragmented sentence, but still, check out this site for a bunch of great looking styles and colors to choose from. Don't let the featured item (the clogs) throw you off. They have a w-i-d-e variety of shoes from dressy to casual. They seem to specialize in soft shoes in medium and wide widths. There's not much here for those with narrow feet who like a hard footbed.

I'm definitely going to have to try a pair of these on, (when I get out of debt from the Palm Springs trip, that is.) This looks like a decent company to do business with too. If any of you try them out, let us know, okay?

Here is the link: http://www.cloudwalkers.com

Kim B.

Re: Shoes! www.cloudwalkers.com - - WOW!

Cynthia D on 2/11/01 at 13:43 (038683)

Hi Kim, someone should tell them how absolutely ugly the cover shoes are, they are so ugly that I called my husband over to take a look and have a laugh! He said 'you must be desperate'. Someone should tell them how ugly they are because I was exiting out of the page and in the corner of my eye, I saw they had other styles. Guess I didn't read your post closely enough.

Question: I searched the sight in detail and couldn't find any mention if they would be compatible with custom orthotics. Before I took the plunge to try out a pair, I thought I'd ask if anyone has had any luck with fitting their orthos into these shoes, particularly the boots (for snow), or the tennis-shoe looking ones. And do the sandals provide the arch supports like the Birkinstocks? If they do, are they softer. I need a beach/shower shoe with strong arch supports. Thanks.

Re: Shoes! www.cloudwalkers.com - - WOW! - and Birkies

Julie on 2/11/01 at 15:36 (038693)

Cynthia, I have a pair of Birkies Barbados that are made of a synthetic material they call Birkoflor. They work well as beach shoes and shower shoes. The style and footbed are similar to the classic Arizona. You could have a look at them on the website - http://www.birkenstock-cn.com

Kim B. on 2/11/01 at 15:41 (038694)

Yea, the featured, cover shoes are clogs, but, as clogs go, they are the best looking I've ever seen! I typically can't keep clogs on my feet, I need heel coverage or back staps. I walk right out of them.

As for using inserts, that may defeat the purpose of the patiented heel design they have going. Still, I do think I noticed that one of the athletic shoes (white leather, tennis shoes) mentioned that that insole is removeable.

I browsed there for a little while, but so far, I haven't been able to get a scope on the way the arch support is built. I need only a medium amount of arch support and anything to high or too long will irritate my arch and/or the baxter nerve located in the fatty pad just behind my arch.

Like I said, this line of shoes seems to be for those who do better with soft but firm foot support. I noticed that the uppers are usually made of strong cloth, spandex, elastic, soft leathers and nubuck materials which for those with corns, callouses and bunions will find very comfortable. The shoes 'give' instead of pressing on the sensitive and sore places. In addition, these materials breath more, and I think promote blood circulation to the feet.

For me, well made rubber soles and etc. help me a lot too because they absorb shock.

Also, instead of the resessed heel cup in the sole as in Birks for example, the cloudwalkers seem to have a raised and extra padded where the heel strikes. These kinds of shoes often work well for me, as I have found simular designs. They obviously aren't going to be for everybody.

Happy Shoe Hunting!

Kim B.

Cynthia D on 2/11/01 at 13:43 (038683)

Hi Kim, someone should tell them how absolutely ugly the cover shoes are, they are so ugly that I called my husband over to take a look and have a laugh! He said 'you must be desperate'. Someone should tell them how ugly they are because I was exiting out of the page and in the corner of my eye, I saw they had other styles. Guess I didn't read your post closely enough.

Question: I searched the sight in detail and couldn't find any mention if they would be compatible with custom orthotics. Before I took the plunge to try out a pair, I thought I'd ask if anyone has had any luck with fitting their orthos into these shoes, particularly the boots (for snow), or the tennis-shoe looking ones. And do the sandals provide the arch supports like the Birkinstocks? If they do, are they softer. I need a beach/shower shoe with strong arch supports. Thanks.

Re: Shoes! www.cloudwalkers.com - - WOW! - and Birkies

Julie on 2/11/01 at 15:36 (038693)

Cynthia, I have a pair of Birkies Barbados that are made of a synthetic material they call Birkoflor. They work well as beach shoes and shower shoes. The style and footbed are similar to the classic Arizona. You could have a look at them on the website - http://www.birkenstock-cn.com

Kim B. on 2/11/01 at 15:41 (038694)

Yea, the featured, cover shoes are clogs, but, as clogs go, they are the best looking I've ever seen! I typically can't keep clogs on my feet, I need heel coverage or back staps. I walk right out of them.

As for using inserts, that may defeat the purpose of the patiented heel design they have going. Still, I do think I noticed that one of the athletic shoes (white leather, tennis shoes) mentioned that that insole is removeable.

I browsed there for a little while, but so far, I haven't been able to get a scope on the way the arch support is built. I need only a medium amount of arch support and anything to high or too long will irritate my arch and/or the baxter nerve located in the fatty pad just behind my arch.

Like I said, this line of shoes seems to be for those who do better with soft but firm foot support. I noticed that the uppers are usually made of strong cloth, spandex, elastic, soft leathers and nubuck materials which for those with corns, callouses and bunions will find very comfortable. The shoes 'give' instead of pressing on the sensitive and sore places. In addition, these materials breath more, and I think promote blood circulation to the feet.

For me, well made rubber soles and etc. help me a lot too because they absorb shock.

Also, instead of the resessed heel cup in the sole as in Birks for example, the cloudwalkers seem to have a raised and extra padded where the heel strikes. These kinds of shoes often work well for me, as I have found simular designs. They obviously aren't going to be for everybody.

Happy Shoe Hunting!

Kim B.