Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur-plus stress Fracture

Posted by marie Baldassare on 2/11/01 at 09:16 (038665)

I have had terribe heel pain for at least a year.......I have tried everything, from the boot, corizone injections, and just staying off my feet......Some times it hurst so bad, I could just cry, it just throbes,
I have been off my feet for 5 weeks already, and still when I get up it hurts,,,,,The foot doctor said that if it is not better in one week, he will consider doing endoscopic surgery,,,,Do you think this will help?

Re: Heel Spur-plus stress Fracture

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/11/01 at 17:28 (038698)

What kind of testing have you had . If all testing such as mri are normal or show chronic plantar fasciitis at the insertion of the bottom of the heel bone then ESWT or surgery are the option. I am not sure if you are familiar with ESWT but we have performed this procedure in over 150 cases with good effective relief. So take a look at this if surgery is your only option. You can call my office if you would like an ESWT packet with video at 1-856-848-3338. In additon the ESWT section on this board is excellent information.

Paula G on 2/13/01 at 10:37 (038821)

Wow...you sound just like me! I have also had it for a year. I am with you. I feel I have reached the point where I want the surgery. I have two small children and I cannot just sit around all day nursing my feet so to speak.
I have read good and bad about the surgery, but am wanting to just take my chances. LEt me know what you find out please.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/11/01 at 17:28 (038698)

What kind of testing have you had . If all testing such as mri are normal or show chronic plantar fasciitis at the insertion of the bottom of the heel bone then ESWT or surgery are the option. I am not sure if you are familiar with ESWT but we have performed this procedure in over 150 cases with good effective relief. So take a look at this if surgery is your only option. You can call my office if you would like an ESWT packet with video at 1-856-848-3338. In additon the ESWT section on this board is excellent information.

Paula G on 2/13/01 at 10:37 (038821)

Wow...you sound just like me! I have also had it for a year. I am with you. I feel I have reached the point where I want the surgery. I have two small children and I cannot just sit around all day nursing my feet so to speak.
I have read good and bad about the surgery, but am wanting to just take my chances. LEt me know what you find out please.