Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is EPF the same thing as PF surgery

Posted by nancy f. on 2/11/01 at 11:02 (038670)

I am getting real confused. What is the best surgery for very flat painful burning feet all the time and cronic pf. I have it about 20 years already. Please help and b honest. I live ion newjersey and am real desperate. Anyone in a similiar situation and did u have surgery or did custom orthitics alone do it for u. I alrady tried pt and iceing and streching. I am wait beyound that. Help please. E mail me. Thanks. N>F>

Re: Is EPF the same thing as PF surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/11/01 at 12:30 (038676)

There are many kinds of plantar fascia surgery for heel pain. EPF is done with an endoscope, a type of camera is inserted into the foot and the fascia is cut. It you go to the online pf book by Scott Roberts, you can review all of the various approaches to foot surgery.

Now it appears that you have more that just pf that is located at the insertion of the heel bone.

I just finished doing a health and science TV program specific for plantar fasciitis .It goes thru the reason why and all of the treatments available with literature research telling you the pro]s and Con's.
If you want a copy just let me know and I will sent it to you. E-mail me or put your address on this thread. My e-mail is footcare@home.com

My first intital impression with your symtoms is that you have severe structural deformity in your feet and that the pf is only a sign of the collapse of your foot. Where do you live in New Jersey if you aren't close to my office I could recommend someone to you in your area.

Nancy F. on 2/11/01 at 20:15 (038712)

I just e mailed u my addresss and i live in WestOrange, N.J. Thanks so much.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/11/01 at 12:30 (038676)

There are many kinds of plantar fascia surgery for heel pain. EPF is done with an endoscope, a type of camera is inserted into the foot and the fascia is cut. It you go to the online pf book by Scott Roberts, you can review all of the various approaches to foot surgery.

Now it appears that you have more that just pf that is located at the insertion of the heel bone.

I just finished doing a health and science TV program specific for plantar fasciitis .It goes thru the reason why and all of the treatments available with literature research telling you the pro]s and Con's.
If you want a copy just let me know and I will sent it to you. E-mail me or put your address on this thread. My e-mail is footcare@home.com

My first intital impression with your symtoms is that you have severe structural deformity in your feet and that the pf is only a sign of the collapse of your foot. Where do you live in New Jersey if you aren't close to my office I could recommend someone to you in your area.

Nancy F. on 2/11/01 at 20:15 (038712)

I just e mailed u my addresss and i live in WestOrange, N.J. Thanks so much.