Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DR. REID PLEASE READ ABBY'S ANSWER UNDER "POST SURGERY UPDATE"

Posted by Abby on 2/11/01 at 15:04 (038689)

I have a couple of questions further down the page. Thanks.

Re: Dr. Reid I believe is out of town at the ACFAS convention in New Orlean

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/11/01 at 17:39 (038699)

It is ok to remove the spur. If that is the question . I do if all the time when I am doing heel spur surgery. I use to do it both ways and found that the healing time in both miminial incision releases and miminial incision just pf release are about the same. The result is the result and that is what is most important. I use to tell patients that we would do just the release and if we had to do the spur would be done at a later date.

Very rarely did I have to go back, but I still couldn't prove that with or with spur- bone removal was there quicker healing.

I have been doing miminial incision heel spur surgery since 1978 and can telll you that either way open, mis, epf that in some cases the healing time will take a very long time.

I see alot of EPF post- complications and open heel spur complication and would imagine that my complications just go to another doctor.

The recent article on heel spur surgery, showed that all work well but the mis works the fastest and the epf had less post-op pain.

Sorry I just had to answer this again. I know this was for Dr. Reid and she is away.

Glad you are doing great and it sounds like your foot turned into a winner.!!!

Re: DR. REID PLEASE READ ABBY'S ANSWER UNDER "POST SURGERY UPDATE"

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/12/01 at 22:09 (038777)

Hi Abby, I did respond tonight. You will find it in that thread.

Re: Dr. Reid I believe is out of town at the ACFAS convention in New Orlean

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/11/01 at 17:39 (038699)

It is ok to remove the spur. If that is the question . I do if all the time when I am doing heel spur surgery. I use to do it both ways and found that the healing time in both miminial incision releases and miminial incision just pf release are about the same. The result is the result and that is what is most important. I use to tell patients that we would do just the release and if we had to do the spur would be done at a later date.

Very rarely did I have to go back, but I still couldn't prove that with or with spur- bone removal was there quicker healing.

I have been doing miminial incision heel spur surgery since 1978 and can telll you that either way open, mis, epf that in some cases the healing time will take a very long time.

I see alot of EPF post- complications and open heel spur complication and would imagine that my complications just go to another doctor.

The recent article on heel spur surgery, showed that all work well but the mis works the fastest and the epf had less post-op pain.

Sorry I just had to answer this again. I know this was for Dr. Reid and she is away.

Glad you are doing great and it sounds like your foot turned into a winner.!!!

Re: DR. REID PLEASE READ ABBY'S ANSWER UNDER "POST SURGERY UPDATE"

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/12/01 at 22:09 (038777)

Hi Abby, I did respond tonight. You will find it in that thread.