Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Severe pain since surgery

Posted by Lana R on 2/11/01 at 21:03 (038713)

I had EPF surgery on 10-31-2000 and my pain has been alot worse than before the surgery. My pod has tried taping for 3 weeks, iontophoresis 5 times, ultrasound 8 times, physical therapy stretching and whirlpool, Ibuprofen Cream, and I'm back to wearing a boot during the day and a night splint at night. My HMO refuses to pay for ESWT because I just had the surgery. I'm getting really depressed about the whole situation. Does anyone have any suggestions? Doctors? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Severe pain since surgery

linda A on 2/19/01 at 18:22 (039414)

I had both feet worked on . the 1st was Aug 25 and 2nd Sept 28 , 2000 . I had open release P.F. at the middle part of the arch and T.T.S . I went back to work Nov 1st . Pain was horrible , but I couldn't afford being off work any longer . My podiatrist has been taping both feet every week w/ casting tape . I also had many injections and been on different anti-inflammatory pills . My feet constantly throbs every time I am standing and walking . The state (ky) that I live in has not been introduced to ESWT . I too wonder if this could help . All I can give you is emotional support , because I also suffer from depression . Doc says it may take up to 1 yr for the healing .

Re: Severe pain since surgery

linda A on 2/19/01 at 18:22 (039414)

I had both feet worked on . the 1st was Aug 25 and 2nd Sept 28 , 2000 . I had open release P.F. at the middle part of the arch and T.T.S . I went back to work Nov 1st . Pain was horrible , but I couldn't afford being off work any longer . My podiatrist has been taping both feet every week w/ casting tape . I also had many injections and been on different anti-inflammatory pills . My feet constantly throbs every time I am standing and walking . The state (ky) that I live in has not been introduced to ESWT . I too wonder if this could help . All I can give you is emotional support , because I also suffer from depression . Doc says it may take up to 1 yr for the healing .