Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Healthtronics Presentation

Posted by john h on 2/12/01 at 09:36 (038722)

Healthtronics will make a presentation (CEO) to the annual Analyist Forum on Wall Street. Their earning are still ahead of forecast. Stock just under 12 this morning. Still 'think' this technology is in it's infancy and a long way to go with a lot of upside.

Re: Healthtronics

Barbara TX on 1/22/01 at 19:43 (037109)

Yes, John. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! B.

Re: Healthtronics Presentation

Ddr. Zuckerman on 2/12/01 at 14:57 (038737)

Buy Buy Buy!!!!

Barbara TX on 2/12/01 at 16:26 (038748)

Yep... do it for John H. (didn't he buy at 15 like I did)? If it makes it to 20, I volunteer to have the Ossatron without a block for he benefit of science. B.

john h on 2/12/01 at 18:41 (038757)

i do not mind telling you i bought 600 shares. 300 @ $8.00 and 300 @ $12.00 so i am just a little ahead of the game. i still think it will go to 20 within 12 months. (this is john h opinion and should not be used to enrich yourselves). i will hang with it until it goes to 20 or 0 whichever comes first. i have no inside info and have not become wealthy in the stock market like dr z and his traveling 'think pad'.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/12/01 at 19:26 (038761)

What is this 'think pad'. Am I thinking too much or not enough

Dr. Lawrence Kosova on 2/12/01 at 21:49 (038774)

Barbara, I did try the OssaTron without anesthesia (did you see my post). I started at the lowest kV but I was never able to get up to the FDA recommended kV. I had over 1000 shocks between 14, 15 and 16 (the last 250 at 16kV) and those last 250 were painful. We were trying to see if we could get an anesthesia effect at the lowest dose. I will hopefully have the video of my experiment to Scott to post! Maybe I should've had a few martinis first!

Re: Healthtronics Presentation/pain of treatment

Cynthia D on 2/13/01 at 10:01 (038813)

Dr. Kosova, I'm sure by now you must have realized Barbara TX is one tough cookie. Don't mess with her! I'll bet you 300 shares of Healthtronics that she could receive the Ossatron without anesthesia. She already said the Orbasone (twice) was a piece of cake and she had no pain. My experience was quite the opposite. I probably couldn't stand 1 kV if the machine went that low! The Martinis do sound like a good idea, though.

Thank you for your report on the ACFAS meeting, I'm faxing it to my podiatrist next (who happens to be a past president of the APO and didn't support me getting ESWT.) I for one would love to be privvy to the lectures Dr. Zuckerman requested, and also if someone could post a copy of the article in the New Orleans paper.

The more us patients are educated, the more we can help spread the word to have this be a routine treatment to help fellow suffers. So thank you for taking the time to communicate with us.

john h on 2/14/01 at 14:04 (038960)

if the pain bothers one why not the very simple ankle block. the block wore off in 3 hours and was painless. on my next visit i will try it without the ankle block. no way barb can handle the pain and i cannot! dr z would be the first to post that sissy john required a pain block and my image would be ruined forever.

Dr. Kosova on 2/15/01 at 23:59 (039109)

Cynthia D,

Once again the Ossatron and Orbasone are two differnt machines. Even Dr. Weil Sr. stated that you cannot compare them evenly. He uses the Orbasone. This was in personal conversation last week end. As DR. Zuckerman should know that when you lecture their are no notes. People lecture on their experience and use slides as an adjunct. Dr. Weil post of 1-25-01 was his lecture. The article from the New Orleans paper should be on the web. I do not have the paper personally. There was some miss information though. But the overall article was good. by the way it was put out by a commitee that Dr Reid was on through the American College of Foot and Ankle surgeons.

Cynthia D on 2/20/01 at 11:37 (039452)

Hi thanks for your response. Yes I do realize that the Ossatron is a much stronger machine. And you're right about the lecture, of course. It will be interesting to see how rapidly the use of ESWT progresses, my guess is that within the next 2-3 years it will be more wide-spread. Does this mean that our bet regarding Barbara TX is off? Regards.

Re: Healthtronics

Barbara TX on 1/22/01 at 19:43 (037109)

Yes, John. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! B.

Ddr. Zuckerman on 2/12/01 at 14:57 (038737)

Buy Buy Buy!!!!

Barbara TX on 2/12/01 at 16:26 (038748)

Yep... do it for John H. (didn't he buy at 15 like I did)? If it makes it to 20, I volunteer to have the Ossatron without a block for he benefit of science. B.

john h on 2/12/01 at 18:41 (038757)

i do not mind telling you i bought 600 shares. 300 @ $8.00 and 300 @ $12.00 so i am just a little ahead of the game. i still think it will go to 20 within 12 months. (this is john h opinion and should not be used to enrich yourselves). i will hang with it until it goes to 20 or 0 whichever comes first. i have no inside info and have not become wealthy in the stock market like dr z and his traveling 'think pad'.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/12/01 at 19:26 (038761)

What is this 'think pad'. Am I thinking too much or not enough

Dr. Lawrence Kosova on 2/12/01 at 21:49 (038774)

Barbara, I did try the OssaTron without anesthesia (did you see my post). I started at the lowest kV but I was never able to get up to the FDA recommended kV. I had over 1000 shocks between 14, 15 and 16 (the last 250 at 16kV) and those last 250 were painful. We were trying to see if we could get an anesthesia effect at the lowest dose. I will hopefully have the video of my experiment to Scott to post! Maybe I should've had a few martinis first!

Cynthia D on 2/13/01 at 10:01 (038813)

Dr. Kosova, I'm sure by now you must have realized Barbara TX is one tough cookie. Don't mess with her! I'll bet you 300 shares of Healthtronics that she could receive the Ossatron without anesthesia. She already said the Orbasone (twice) was a piece of cake and she had no pain. My experience was quite the opposite. I probably couldn't stand 1 kV if the machine went that low! The Martinis do sound like a good idea, though.

Thank you for your report on the ACFAS meeting, I'm faxing it to my podiatrist next (who happens to be a past president of the APO and didn't support me getting ESWT.) I for one would love to be privvy to the lectures Dr. Zuckerman requested, and also if someone could post a copy of the article in the New Orleans paper.

The more us patients are educated, the more we can help spread the word to have this be a routine treatment to help fellow suffers. So thank you for taking the time to communicate with us.

john h on 2/14/01 at 14:04 (038960)

if the pain bothers one why not the very simple ankle block. the block wore off in 3 hours and was painless. on my next visit i will try it without the ankle block. no way barb can handle the pain and i cannot! dr z would be the first to post that sissy john required a pain block and my image would be ruined forever.

Dr. Kosova on 2/15/01 at 23:59 (039109)

Cynthia D,

Once again the Ossatron and Orbasone are two differnt machines. Even Dr. Weil Sr. stated that you cannot compare them evenly. He uses the Orbasone. This was in personal conversation last week end. As DR. Zuckerman should know that when you lecture their are no notes. People lecture on their experience and use slides as an adjunct. Dr. Weil post of 1-25-01 was his lecture. The article from the New Orleans paper should be on the web. I do not have the paper personally. There was some miss information though. But the overall article was good. by the way it was put out by a commitee that Dr Reid was on through the American College of Foot and Ankle surgeons.

Cynthia D on 2/20/01 at 11:37 (039452)

Hi thanks for your response. Yes I do realize that the Ossatron is a much stronger machine. And you're right about the lecture, of course. It will be interesting to see how rapidly the use of ESWT progresses, my guess is that within the next 2-3 years it will be more wide-spread. Does this mean that our bet regarding Barbara TX is off? Regards.