Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RE: Getting better

Posted by Pat on 2/12/01 at 12:08 (038728)

On Valentine Day, it will have been 3 months since my foot surgery. (1- 1/2 inch incision on side of heel pf release and spur removal). The last five days I have been able to go all day without crutches. I am happy to say that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Each day now, my foot seems to get stronger. I am posting this message to let those of you that have just had surgery know, that the pain will get better. There were times when I thought I would never walk again, and I was really mad at myself for having the surgery. Now, I can put weight on my foot and not have that constant pain that I lived with for 15 years. So----hang in there and just keep looking for that light at the end of the tunnel.

Pat

Re: RE: Getting better

Barbara TX on 2/12/01 at 16:30 (038749)

GREAT for you, Pat! I am so happy that your surgery turned out well. Sounds like you are on your way to a complete recovery. Let us all knowq how you progress. I have heard that this kind of surgery takes a full 6 months to recover from, so you sound like you are doing great at 3 mo. post op. B.

Re: RE: Getting better

Barbara TX on 2/12/01 at 16:30 (038749)

GREAT for you, Pat! I am so happy that your surgery turned out well. Sounds like you are on your way to a complete recovery. Let us all knowq how you progress. I have heard that this kind of surgery takes a full 6 months to recover from, so you sound like you are doing great at 3 mo. post op. B.