Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Futuro

Posted by Linda F on 2/12/01 at 21:17 (038769)

What is the Futuro Ankle Support I hear people talk about?? Where is it applied, what does it do and where can I get it?? Any sucess stories using it???

Re: Futuro

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 00:57 (038787)

We use it alot in our office. You can find it in the local drug store

Julie on 2/13/01 at 02:11 (038790)

Linda, these supports (they are made for other joints as well as the ankle) are made of elastic webbing. The fibres act like muscle, stretching and contracting, and replace the tension that is lost due to injury. They effectively help to support an injured joint while healing takes place. The ankle support, which also supplies support to the arch (which is what we need with PF) is less bulky than a wraparound elastic bandage, so it fits neatly over the foot, and can be worn comfortably under socks.

It looks like half of a sock, with a little hole for the heel. I've been using one, sometimes on its own and sometimes in combination with tape, and wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Julie

Cynthia D on 2/13/01 at 10:27 (038818)

Julie, do you wrap yours like on the picture, starting in the center of the arch, going around the foot, around the ankle and ending under the arch? Dr. Z. did it differently. I think the way in the picture works best for me. What do you think?

Nancy N on 2/13/01 at 11:22 (038823)

Cynthia--

The Futuro brace I have slips on like a sock--I don't have to wrap it around anything. Are we talking about the same thing, or have I misunderstood something?

Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 11:58 (038831)

Cynthia you have the pronation spring control not the futuro elastic supports.

Nancy N on 2/13/01 at 15:36 (038852)

Dr. Z--

What is the pronation spring control??

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 18:23 (038879)

It is this fairly long piece of rubber with velco . You stretch it out ove the arch and around the ankle and then hold it fast with velcro

Julie on 2/14/01 at 02:10 (038919)

Cynthia, I was just about to write a reply to your question when I saw Dr Z and Nancy's posts. I hope the confusion is now sorted and that the pronation spring control helps you.

Cynthia D on 2/14/01 at 06:49 (038922)

Funny time to ask now after one week, but why do I need pronation spring control vs. plain old arch support?

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 00:57 (038787)

We use it alot in our office. You can find it in the local drug store

Julie on 2/13/01 at 02:11 (038790)

Linda, these supports (they are made for other joints as well as the ankle) are made of elastic webbing. The fibres act like muscle, stretching and contracting, and replace the tension that is lost due to injury. They effectively help to support an injured joint while healing takes place. The ankle support, which also supplies support to the arch (which is what we need with PF) is less bulky than a wraparound elastic bandage, so it fits neatly over the foot, and can be worn comfortably under socks.

It looks like half of a sock, with a little hole for the heel. I've been using one, sometimes on its own and sometimes in combination with tape, and wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Julie

Cynthia D on 2/13/01 at 10:27 (038818)

Julie, do you wrap yours like on the picture, starting in the center of the arch, going around the foot, around the ankle and ending under the arch? Dr. Z. did it differently. I think the way in the picture works best for me. What do you think?

Nancy N on 2/13/01 at 11:22 (038823)

Cynthia--

The Futuro brace I have slips on like a sock--I don't have to wrap it around anything. Are we talking about the same thing, or have I misunderstood something?

Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 11:58 (038831)

Cynthia you have the pronation spring control not the futuro elastic supports.

Nancy N on 2/13/01 at 15:36 (038852)

Dr. Z--

What is the pronation spring control??

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 18:23 (038879)

It is this fairly long piece of rubber with velco . You stretch it out ove the arch and around the ankle and then hold it fast with velcro

Julie on 2/14/01 at 02:10 (038919)

Cynthia, I was just about to write a reply to your question when I saw Dr Z and Nancy's posts. I hope the confusion is now sorted and that the pronation spring control helps you.

Cynthia D on 2/14/01 at 06:49 (038922)

Funny time to ask now after one week, but why do I need pronation spring control vs. plain old arch support?