Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3 Weeks Post-Op

Posted by Donna Y. on 2/12/01 at 22:10 (038778)

It's three weeks today and I wanted to post a short message giving you all an update since I've been super busy lately and haven't posted in awhile. I am doing fantastic. I went back to work today and stayed off my crutches except for a few hours at home after work when I was in a good deal of pain. But it's a sore pain and nothing at all like it was just a few days ago. Like Pat, I also had the open surgery release and spur removal. Just Friday I had called my boss to let her know it might be another full week or more before I got back to working since I'm a teacher and spend a good deal of time on my feet. But I had a really positive weekend and felt like a million dollars this morning when I was back at my job doing what I love to do. I'm far from pain free, but the pain I experienced at school today was at the same level it was pre-op and as long as it's not worse, I can definitely function. The people I work with got me a rolling chair so I can sit more and it helped tremendously. This week is still officially a transition week. I'm hoping to stay all day every day, but if it gets bad they know I'm going to take off the rest of the day. I'll just keep playing it by ear, or foot in this case. Thank you all again for your positive words and thoughts.

Donna Y.

Re: 3 Weeks Post-Op

marie r on 2/16/01 at 17:30 (039191)

Hi Donna, I was really happy to see a message from you. I am right behind you. Monday will be 2 weeks since my surgery and I am in less pain than ever before. I still have stitches and have not yet put any weight on the foot per instructed by doctor. Next week I will have my stitches out and he said he did not want me to put any weight on it even then for another week. So far it has been uncomfortable as far as the stitches go and very difficult to get around but I look forward to being pain free. Good luck and please keep us posted as more time goes by. I am very interested in your progress as I am just a week behind you. thanks.

Re: Progress

Pat on 2/16/01 at 23:50 (039231)

Hi Marie, I have been wondering how you were doing. It's good to hear your are in less pain. I was doing good, was able to go for 7 days around the house without crutches, then I over did it and walked too far. It has put me back on crutches for the last 3 days. I guess my foot has not heeled yet. Please keep posting, I am really interested in how you are doing. Pat

marie r on 2/18/01 at 20:10 (039352)

Hi Pat, glad to hear you were able to go for seven days without crutches!!! that was real progress! I am still non weight bearing. I go this thursday to get the stitches out. I will let you know how it is going after that. I will still be on crutches after that with very little weight bearing. Be careful not to over do. It must be such a wonderful feeling to be able to walk around again. I wish you the best.

Re: 3 Weeks Post-Op

marie r on 2/16/01 at 17:30 (039191)

Hi Donna, I was really happy to see a message from you. I am right behind you. Monday will be 2 weeks since my surgery and I am in less pain than ever before. I still have stitches and have not yet put any weight on the foot per instructed by doctor. Next week I will have my stitches out and he said he did not want me to put any weight on it even then for another week. So far it has been uncomfortable as far as the stitches go and very difficult to get around but I look forward to being pain free. Good luck and please keep us posted as more time goes by. I am very interested in your progress as I am just a week behind you. thanks.

Pat on 2/16/01 at 23:50 (039231)

Hi Marie, I have been wondering how you were doing. It's good to hear your are in less pain. I was doing good, was able to go for 7 days around the house without crutches, then I over did it and walked too far. It has put me back on crutches for the last 3 days. I guess my foot has not heeled yet. Please keep posting, I am really interested in how you are doing. Pat

marie r on 2/18/01 at 20:10 (039352)

Hi Pat, glad to hear you were able to go for seven days without crutches!!! that was real progress! I am still non weight bearing. I go this thursday to get the stitches out. I will let you know how it is going after that. I will still be on crutches after that with very little weight bearing. Be careful not to over do. It must be such a wonderful feeling to be able to walk around again. I wish you the best.