Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis question.

Posted by regz on 2/13/01 at 02:30 (038793)

i have plantar fasciitis. and my doctor wants me to have a surgery. he found a cyst forming inside my bone (foot) so he will take it out.

i am a student and i am 21 years old. i can't concentrate on my studies so much i want this opertion done sooner. i've had it for three years and the pain just comes and goes. do you think it will be a wise decision to have the operation done or for me to try other things other than surgery.

he also told me that if we don't get the operatiuon done, the foot is likely to break down. is this true?

otherwise, what medicine did you find most effective for the pain caused by plantar fasciitis coz now i am using motrin and advil.

Re: plantar fasciitis question.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 14:21 (038843)

There is no wrong with a second or even third opinion. Knowing all you can and different opinions could be just what you need

Re: plantar fasciitis question.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 14:21 (038843)

There is no wrong with a second or even third opinion. Knowing all you can and different opinions could be just what you need