Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

what have I done?

Posted by Karin L. on 2/13/01 at 09:14 (038806)

Dr. Z,
I have PF in my left foot. Had 2nd cortizone shot about a week ago. It took several days before the shot had any effect. Pain was almost gone, still there a little. Last night I moved a little to quickly and felt this horrible pain in the heel & into the arch area of my foot. It hurts to walk on the medial side. Lateral seems fine. If I raise up on my toes, big toe in particular, or walk up the stairs the pain is really bad. It now aches/trobs when I'm not on it. What have I done? Is this something to be concerned about?
Thank you

Re: what have I done?

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 11:52 (038829)

Sounds like you pulled the flexor tendons on the bottom of your foot, ice , rest and get into a boot cast or high top shoes. Very important not to aggravate this any more. Is it black and blue, Swollen. It so call the local doc and get in to see him

Karin L. on 2/13/01 at 19:19 (038883)

Dr. Z,
It doesn't appear to be swollen or bruised. It just really hurts when is walk on it & sometimes when I am just sitting, it throbs. I'm trying to put ice pack on for about 20 min. every hr. or so. If it is pulled flexor tendons, would it be bruised? Thank you

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 11:52 (038829)

Sounds like you pulled the flexor tendons on the bottom of your foot, ice , rest and get into a boot cast or high top shoes. Very important not to aggravate this any more. Is it black and blue, Swollen. It so call the local doc and get in to see him

Karin L. on 2/13/01 at 19:19 (038883)

Dr. Z,
It doesn't appear to be swollen or bruised. It just really hurts when is walk on it & sometimes when I am just sitting, it throbs. I'm trying to put ice pack on for about 20 min. every hr. or so. If it is pulled flexor tendons, would it be bruised? Thank you