Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar release and HELP PLEASE!!

Posted by Jay H. on 2/13/01 at 10:13 (038815)

hello once again,

I am back and I need help.. opinions from the Dr.s and from others.
I had the surgery a while back to hopefully resolve my problem feet.
I trust my Dr fully and he has done all in his power to get this problem fixed. Now there are some factors to look into as well. I am a Canadian living in Taiwan. There was an ESWT machine on the island, but it was only here for experimental purposes and now has since left.

Anyway, I had the release done on both feet, and I am still in pain. It has been over 3 months now, and I am running out of patience and money. I have tonnes of toys, massagers, stretchers, creams, gels and inserts. i have lost weight as well. I dont run much anymore, and I try to keep the walking to a minimum. I do exercise and I go to therapy every day to get ultrasound and electrical stimulation.

some people say that it could take up to 6 months before you feel the effects from the surgery.. why does it take so long? Should I wait for another 3 months in pain? My Dr. wants to check for nerve damage, and I am getting leery about that as well. I am getting more and more scared, and all I want to do is walk and stand with out pain. Is there anything else I can do?? Am I out of options?? Whats next? cutting off the entire foot??

Please, I am tired and sore. I need advice please. Thanks in advance!

Jay

Re: plantar release and HELP PLEASE!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 11:56 (038830)

Both feet take alot of time to heal 6moths- one year). You are doing about everything you can think of . Get some ankle supports and or braces. You surgical feet need additional support because the entire fascia can't support your entire body weight as it is healing.

Why does your doctor think that you have nerve compression ?

Re: plantar release and HELP PLEASE!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/01 at 11:56 (038830)

Both feet take alot of time to heal 6moths- one year). You are doing about everything you can think of . Get some ankle supports and or braces. You surgical feet need additional support because the entire fascia can't support your entire body weight as it is healing.

Why does your doctor think that you have nerve compression ?