Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Maxx

Posted by John V on 2/13/01 at 14:50 (038846)

I was at my chiropractor's office today (he's very good by the way) and he had a new device he was just trying to get up to speed on. Its called a 'Foot Maxx'--its a pressure sensitive pad that is interfaced with a computer. You walk on the pad and the computer generates a print out of the pressure or weight distribution in your foot as you stride. The computerized data is sent to a central location where a prescription is generated and a set of custom orthotics made. Anybody familiar with this thing (or process, I guess)?? Had any success with it??

Re: Foot Maxx

Jackie B. on 2/13/01 at 19:10 (038882)

I got them last year at a physios clinic. They were $375 Canadian. I was told there was a 30 day moneyback guarantee!
I had 10 visits with the physio, he did massage and electro stimulation...
I repeatedly told him that the inserts were painful and not working out.
Twice he said to me that he should of paid closer attention to when I was assessed on the pad, but he let another physio do that appointment.
He also stated that they were not 'right'.
Well at appointment 10 I gave them back and that was the end of him.
I asked for a refund, none given. Now I have filed a complaint with the College of Physiotherapists.
If this doesn't work I'm writing Footmaxx and laying a complaint.
I hope you are more fortunate than I.

wendyn on 2/13/01 at 20:45 (038895)

Please do a search on this website for footmaxx

John V on 2/13/01 at 21:29 (038898)

Actually I did that, but I used the two word phrase 'Foot Max'. When I redid it using one word, 'Footmax', I got lots of helpful information. Thanks for the suggestion (and the right name of the product).

Richard, C.Ped on 2/14/01 at 07:46 (038928)

Hi John,
From what I have seen and heard about FootMaxx, they are a good accomodative orthosis only. It is not really a good functional orthosis.

Richard

john V on 2/14/01 at 12:55 (038957)

Thanks, Richard--what is the difference between accomodative and functional orthoses?

Richard, C.Ped on 2/15/01 at 08:06 (039030)

Basically, an accomodative provides cushion while a functional provides proper biomechanical support and possible 'correction' if needed.
Richard

Jackie B. on 2/13/01 at 19:10 (038882)

I got them last year at a physios clinic. They were $375 Canadian. I was told there was a 30 day moneyback guarantee!
I had 10 visits with the physio, he did massage and electro stimulation...
I repeatedly told him that the inserts were painful and not working out.
Twice he said to me that he should of paid closer attention to when I was assessed on the pad, but he let another physio do that appointment.
He also stated that they were not 'right'.
Well at appointment 10 I gave them back and that was the end of him.
I asked for a refund, none given. Now I have filed a complaint with the College of Physiotherapists.
If this doesn't work I'm writing Footmaxx and laying a complaint.
I hope you are more fortunate than I.

wendyn on 2/13/01 at 20:45 (038895)

Please do a search on this website for footmaxx

John V on 2/13/01 at 21:29 (038898)

Actually I did that, but I used the two word phrase 'Foot Max'. When I redid it using one word, 'Footmax', I got lots of helpful information. Thanks for the suggestion (and the right name of the product).

Richard, C.Ped on 2/14/01 at 07:46 (038928)

Hi John,
From what I have seen and heard about FootMaxx, they are a good accomodative orthosis only. It is not really a good functional orthosis.

Richard

john V on 2/14/01 at 12:55 (038957)

Thanks, Richard--what is the difference between accomodative and functional orthoses?

Richard, C.Ped on 2/15/01 at 08:06 (039030)

Basically, an accomodative provides cushion while a functional provides proper biomechanical support and possible 'correction' if needed.
Richard