Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Luck Tomorrow, Steve

Posted by Cynthia D on 2/14/01 at 07:49 (038930)

Don't forget the witches broom and the ruby slippers. Are you hoping for a brain, heart, or courage? Or do you just hope to get back to Kansas?

Re: Thanks, Cynthia!

Steve P on 2/14/01 at 18:17 (038980)

Actually, I'm just hoping to be able to walk down the Yellow Brick Road one day without limping!

Seriously, thanks so much. I'm encouraged by your experience with Dr. Z as well as by Kay, TexBarb, John H, Lori & others. I'm really looking foreward to going. Will keep you all advised.

Steve

Re: Good luck and keep us posted!

Jill P on 2/14/01 at 21:39 (039006)

Steve, just wanted to wish you luck and ask you to keep us posted. I am going a week from Friday so I am anxiously reading all the info on the threads. I'll be looking for yours when you can post! :) Jill P

BTW, how long until I can drive afterwards??? (My right foot is my worst and the one I am planning to have treated.)

Lori E. on 2/14/01 at 23:29 (039015)

Steve,
Good luck with your zap. Be sure to post afterwards and tell us about your magical experience. Oh, and be sure to pay attention to the man behind the curtain, he really knows his stuff!

Julie on 2/15/01 at 02:21 (039019)

Best of luck, Steve - and enjoy your trip!

Julie

Re: An Answer for Jill

Cynthia D on 2/15/01 at 08:08 (039031)

Hi Jill. I drove five days after (to get drive-thru coffee) but my left foot is the worst. I think I couldn't have driven on it until maybe today (10days). I drove the other day but my son ran into all the stores for me. A bunch of people seem to be able to drive themselves away after the procedure, so I must be a huge wimp. I think it's different with everyone, just listen to your feet.

Kay S on 2/15/01 at 09:32 (039037)

Uncle Steve--I too am thinking about you at this very moment when you are probably having a great discussion with Dr. Z, and hopefully having ESWT.
We are all anxiously waiting to hear how it all went. Not on pins and needles, however, because most of us have ENOUGH pain in our lives!
Good luck.
Kay

Re: Thanks Cynthia!

Jill P on 2/16/01 at 10:31 (039142)

Cynthia, thanks! I have an automatic. (I think there was someone else also asking about driving after ESWT who had a stick shift.)

I'll have to see how I am doing then, but I am just trying to plan for at least the week after as to how I'm going to get the kids to their preschool classes. Maybe Brittany and I will miss our class, but I think at least my neighbor can give Brandon a ride with her daughter. I also am scheduled to have a dentist appointment about 10 days after the treatment and my dentist is quite a ways away so I'm wondering if I will be okay or should reschedule. I think I may call and see what else she has open. Otherwise I could wait and see how I am doing after and just change the appointment if I think I won't make it.

Lots to do and figure out before I leave! :) Excited and a bit nervous (mostly about leaving the kids and how I will be after as I don't have any help after I get back - just neighbors I can call if things are too bad). I am not too nervous about the actual treatment. :) Jill P

Re: To Jill

Cynthia D on 2/19/01 at 15:46 (039405)

Hi Jill. Your dentist appointment should be fine unless your dentist requires you to stand and hop during the treatment! Won't it be nice to hop once again? By what I can tell, no one has had the same experiences I have after ESWT. My right foot is a-ok, healed, fine and dandy - I could scream from the roof - my right foot is healed. My left one can't take all my weight just yet, but I think this must be an isolated case. I would imagine that if your experience is like all others, you should be fine getting the kids to school, etc., at least by week 2. But I can really tell, the less I do, the better it gets. This weekend we went to Vermont and I put my feet in the jacuzzi a lot, and tried gently beginning to stretch things out and rubbing the sore area. (I am now 13 days post treatment.) It feels much better now than even on Friday. Already all the pf-type pain is gone, too!! I am very hopeful that this will be fine any day. My son asked me today when will I begin driving them to school again, I said maybe next week? I also drive an automatic so that's fine, it's just all the stairs and extra walking required to get them there that I want to avoid for at least these next four days. Not to mention lugging a 27 pound baby around everywhere. I will really think about you on Friday, you will be fine. Dr. Wizard is very personable and caring. The people in his office are great and laugh a lot, which I love. He was careful that I didn't suffer too much, wimp that I am. Please keep us posted!

Steve P on 2/14/01 at 18:17 (038980)

Actually, I'm just hoping to be able to walk down the Yellow Brick Road one day without limping!

Seriously, thanks so much. I'm encouraged by your experience with Dr. Z as well as by Kay, TexBarb, John H, Lori & others. I'm really looking foreward to going. Will keep you all advised.

Steve

Jill P on 2/14/01 at 21:39 (039006)

Steve, just wanted to wish you luck and ask you to keep us posted. I am going a week from Friday so I am anxiously reading all the info on the threads. I'll be looking for yours when you can post! :) Jill P

BTW, how long until I can drive afterwards??? (My right foot is my worst and the one I am planning to have treated.)

Lori E. on 2/14/01 at 23:29 (039015)

Steve,
Good luck with your zap. Be sure to post afterwards and tell us about your magical experience. Oh, and be sure to pay attention to the man behind the curtain, he really knows his stuff!

Julie on 2/15/01 at 02:21 (039019)

Best of luck, Steve - and enjoy your trip!

Julie

Re: An Answer for Jill

Cynthia D on 2/15/01 at 08:08 (039031)

Hi Jill. I drove five days after (to get drive-thru coffee) but my left foot is the worst. I think I couldn't have driven on it until maybe today (10days). I drove the other day but my son ran into all the stores for me. A bunch of people seem to be able to drive themselves away after the procedure, so I must be a huge wimp. I think it's different with everyone, just listen to your feet.

Kay S on 2/15/01 at 09:32 (039037)

Uncle Steve--I too am thinking about you at this very moment when you are probably having a great discussion with Dr. Z, and hopefully having ESWT.
We are all anxiously waiting to hear how it all went. Not on pins and needles, however, because most of us have ENOUGH pain in our lives!
Good luck.
Kay

Re: Thanks Cynthia!

Jill P on 2/16/01 at 10:31 (039142)

Cynthia, thanks! I have an automatic. (I think there was someone else also asking about driving after ESWT who had a stick shift.)

I'll have to see how I am doing then, but I am just trying to plan for at least the week after as to how I'm going to get the kids to their preschool classes. Maybe Brittany and I will miss our class, but I think at least my neighbor can give Brandon a ride with her daughter. I also am scheduled to have a dentist appointment about 10 days after the treatment and my dentist is quite a ways away so I'm wondering if I will be okay or should reschedule. I think I may call and see what else she has open. Otherwise I could wait and see how I am doing after and just change the appointment if I think I won't make it.

Lots to do and figure out before I leave! :) Excited and a bit nervous (mostly about leaving the kids and how I will be after as I don't have any help after I get back - just neighbors I can call if things are too bad). I am not too nervous about the actual treatment. :) Jill P

Re: To Jill

Cynthia D on 2/19/01 at 15:46 (039405)

Hi Jill. Your dentist appointment should be fine unless your dentist requires you to stand and hop during the treatment! Won't it be nice to hop once again? By what I can tell, no one has had the same experiences I have after ESWT. My right foot is a-ok, healed, fine and dandy - I could scream from the roof - my right foot is healed. My left one can't take all my weight just yet, but I think this must be an isolated case. I would imagine that if your experience is like all others, you should be fine getting the kids to school, etc., at least by week 2. But I can really tell, the less I do, the better it gets. This weekend we went to Vermont and I put my feet in the jacuzzi a lot, and tried gently beginning to stretch things out and rubbing the sore area. (I am now 13 days post treatment.) It feels much better now than even on Friday. Already all the pf-type pain is gone, too!! I am very hopeful that this will be fine any day. My son asked me today when will I begin driving them to school again, I said maybe next week? I also drive an automatic so that's fine, it's just all the stairs and extra walking required to get them there that I want to avoid for at least these next four days. Not to mention lugging a 27 pound baby around everywhere. I will really think about you on Friday, you will be fine. Dr. Wizard is very personable and caring. The people in his office are great and laugh a lot, which I love. He was careful that I didn't suffer too much, wimp that I am. Please keep us posted!