Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spurs

Posted by Sean M. on 2/14/01 at 08:19 (038934)

Hello.....I have a very painful spur on my right heel. It's making everything I do uncomfortable.
I am involved in Karate & my foot is so painful at this time. Is there something I could slide over my foot for comfort.... maybe something that leaves the balls of my feet exposed?
What will ease the pain?
Thanks, Sean.

Re: Heel spurs

Nancy N on 2/14/01 at 10:55 (038945)

Sean--

If you haven't been to a doctor yet, please see one about the pain. It's important to have a correct diagnosis so you know you're treating the right thing. I would certainly stop the karate, though, until you know exactly what the problem is. If you have PF, you will need to let your foot rest to help it heal.

If it turns out to be PF, be sure to read Scott's PF book, which is full of excellent information and treatment ideas (though you should not replace your doctor's recommendations without his permission--the book will give you information so that you can have a meaningful discussion with your doctor).

Once you've done that, let us know how you're doing!

Re: Heel spurs

Nancy N on 2/14/01 at 10:55 (038945)

Sean--

If you haven't been to a doctor yet, please see one about the pain. It's important to have a correct diagnosis so you know you're treating the right thing. I would certainly stop the karate, though, until you know exactly what the problem is. If you have PF, you will need to let your foot rest to help it heal.

If it turns out to be PF, be sure to read Scott's PF book, which is full of excellent information and treatment ideas (though you should not replace your doctor's recommendations without his permission--the book will give you information so that you can have a meaningful discussion with your doctor).

Once you've done that, let us know how you're doing!