Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hallux rigidus

Posted by Judy on 2/14/01 at 08:42 (038936)

I've been recommended for joint replacement to correct hallux rigidus.
anyone been through this?

Re: hallux rigidus

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/14/01 at 20:17 (038995)

If you are having pain in the joint when walking, then surgery either a removal of the damaged joint with or without implant. How old are you?

I just performed a Valenti operation for a painful hallux limitus this morning. I like to perform this procedure before the implant. So the degree of damage is going to determine the specific type of joint surgery you need.

There are very good pamphlets on the web site by the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Very informative.

Samantha on 4/16/01 at hrmin (044763)

I also have Hallux Rigidus. At present I have cortisone injections but fear an operation may be required and am very anxious. Woould like to correspond with someone with similar. Please E mail me.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/14/01 at 20:17 (038995)

If you are having pain in the joint when walking, then surgery either a removal of the damaged joint with or without implant. How old are you?

I just performed a Valenti operation for a painful hallux limitus this morning. I like to perform this procedure before the implant. So the degree of damage is going to determine the specific type of joint surgery you need.

There are very good pamphlets on the web site by the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Very informative.

Samantha on 4/16/01 at hrmin (044763)

I also have Hallux Rigidus. At present I have cortisone injections but fear an operation may be required and am very anxious. Woould like to correspond with someone with similar. Please E mail me.