Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Helpful Hints for Tarsal Tunnel

Posted by Fran W on 2/14/01 at 20:16 (038993)

Please tell me all suggestions you have to help me get relief from the pain of tarsal tunnel after surgery. It has been 9 months and I'm still in pain, have numbness and cannot sleep at night. I've tried heat, cold, pills, orthotics, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Helpful Hints for Tarsal Tunnel

wendyn on 2/14/01 at 20:32 (038997)

Fran - what type of surgery did you have? Do you know what your TTS caused by? When you say 'pills' - what type of pills have you taken?

Fran W on 2/15/01 at 21:51 (039090)

I had double release of the nerve. At this time I sm taking Lortab, Neurontin and when I have to Halcion. It is possible the TTS is in association with diabetic neuropathy. I am going for another EMG test soon.

wendyn on 2/15/01 at 23:49 (039106)

Fran - as you probably know, diabetic neuropathy can be a cause of TTS. Is the Neurontin helping at all? I hear it's very good for nerve pain - I'm not familiar with Lortab. If you haven't been on the Neurontin long enough - it may take some time...you may also need a higher dose.

What does your doctor say is going on?

Fran W on 2/16/01 at 18:22 (039192)

I will let you know what is happening after I have my EMG. Thanks for answering. If you find out anything else let me know, Fran

wendyn on 2/14/01 at 20:32 (038997)

Fran - what type of surgery did you have? Do you know what your TTS caused by? When you say 'pills' - what type of pills have you taken?

Fran W on 2/15/01 at 21:51 (039090)

I had double release of the nerve. At this time I sm taking Lortab, Neurontin and when I have to Halcion. It is possible the TTS is in association with diabetic neuropathy. I am going for another EMG test soon.

wendyn on 2/15/01 at 23:49 (039106)

Fran - as you probably know, diabetic neuropathy can be a cause of TTS. Is the Neurontin helping at all? I hear it's very good for nerve pain - I'm not familiar with Lortab. If you haven't been on the Neurontin long enough - it may take some time...you may also need a higher dose.

What does your doctor say is going on?

Fran W on 2/16/01 at 18:22 (039192)

I will let you know what is happening after I have my EMG. Thanks for answering. If you find out anything else let me know, Fran