Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

#2 done!

Posted by Kay S on 2/14/01 at 20:16 (038994)

Hi everyone. I want to write my mini report here because so far I haven't caught up with the message board yet. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow.
I had my second ESWT done Monday and Tuesday at Dr.Z's office. This time he did the left (worst) foot on Monday, and the next day he zapped the right one and added some additional zaps onto the left for good measure. The first day I did it sans local, but you know what? For whatever reason, I was having a hard time holding still, even though he assured me that he was hanging on tight. My foot felt tense, and it surprised me that I experienced more discomfort than last time.
So the next day I got injected prior to the zaps. And it really didn't make that much difference. I still could hardly hold still and thought it was not as easy as the first time. Different day, different reaction.
It doesn't really matter, as long as it works.
I was, and am, still sore. I am about ready to go get my massage from my husband to calm the tootsies down and make them behave better. I will keep you informed of my progress as time permits, but let's hope this is the start of something wonderful for me...........like pain under a 7!
The trip was short but pleasant, and I have to say I really like NJ. My mother enjoyed it too and it was nice to spend some time together like that. And Dr. Z and his office staff are all so accomodating and friendly and helpful. Who could ask for more?
We are all working together trying to give me some relief from this unrelenting pain. When I think of all the people involved, I am overwhelmed with gratitude that I have the benefit of so many areas of expertise.
THanks for all of your good wishes, and I'll be back online again very soon. (My massage is calling)
Kay
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Re: #2 done!

Lori E. on 2/14/01 at 23:21 (039014)

Kay,
I am glad to hear that you got thru #2. Sorry to hear that you had a some trouble with it. It sounds like you got thru it okay.
I just had my second treatment last week. I hope that you are taking it easy and resting those tootsies. I made a trip to Target today and got caught in the line. Oops. But I am sitting here dutifully with my feet on a heating pad to counter that. My wonderful hubby brought home dinner for us tonight, and I have some lovely tulips on my table.
That massage sounds great. I agree with you about Dr. Z and his staff...they are great. Nobody could ask for a better doc!

Julie on 2/15/01 at 02:23 (039020)

Well done, Kay. I'm praying for - at least - a Number 5 for you.

Julie

Jill P on 2/16/01 at 14:10 (039173)

Kay, thanks so much for posting about your experience! I am having my ESWT exactly one week from today! I am anxious and hopeful. It really helps to hear about others' experiences and to hear how great Dr. Z - I mean the Wizard - is! :) Jill P

Lori E. on 2/14/01 at 23:21 (039014)

Kay,
I am glad to hear that you got thru #2. Sorry to hear that you had a some trouble with it. It sounds like you got thru it okay.
I just had my second treatment last week. I hope that you are taking it easy and resting those tootsies. I made a trip to Target today and got caught in the line. Oops. But I am sitting here dutifully with my feet on a heating pad to counter that. My wonderful hubby brought home dinner for us tonight, and I have some lovely tulips on my table.
That massage sounds great. I agree with you about Dr. Z and his staff...they are great. Nobody could ask for a better doc!

Julie on 2/15/01 at 02:23 (039020)

Well done, Kay. I'm praying for - at least - a Number 5 for you.

Julie

Jill P on 2/16/01 at 14:10 (039173)

Kay, thanks so much for posting about your experience! I am having my ESWT exactly one week from today! I am anxious and hopeful. It really helps to hear about others' experiences and to hear how great Dr. Z - I mean the Wizard - is! :) Jill P