Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ARCH+AID product

Posted by salina on 2/15/01 at 11:46 (039050)

Hi guys,
I am interested to know if anyone has tried the product called ARCH+AID.
I saw this on a website ' http://www.archaid.net'
Its an adjustable compression wrap for your arch. Not too expensive.
Looked stupid to me at first glance, but doesn't seem too bad after reading about it.
Its a simple site, not a ton of info, but you can order them online, OR they also have a list of local stores that carry them.
There is only one store that has them here.
If anyone has had any success or disappointment with this product, your remarks would be appreciated.
I am sooooo tired of purchasing stuff that doesn't help. :)

Re: Check out the "Fabs" too!

Kim B. on 2/15/01 at 22:44 (039100)

Hi Salina,

I saw a simular product just the other day in the Dr.Scholls and foot care section of a drug store. Though tempted for a moment, I passed. I have been wanting to get something like this and researched it somewhat, a while back, but then it got put on back burner.

I like what I've seen and read about a product called 'Fabs'. There was another one I had my eye on for awhile, but can't remember exactly what it was called. The Fabs stand out in my mind for some reason. I think because they are made of some kind of extra comfortable material. Comfort is very important because I will not wear them if they aren't good and comfortable. I am alergic to latex and they are latex free. Most elastic has some sort of latex in it, which irritates my sensitive skin.

Check the out at http://www.fabs.com . They have a ton of information and some testimonials too. I think Scott is planning to put them in his product show case area sometime in the future.

Do a word search in the message boards, and you will see some interesting threads regarding fabs. The prices seem to be about the same. Fabs are $29.95 for a pair. Some others, like the one you showed us sell them individually. That is kind of silly if you ask me. Even if a person only needs them for one foot, wearing them on both feet would help to keep your hips more aligned. Plus, if one foot goes bad, the other may not be far behind it, so it makes sence to me to use something as a preventative. They were invented by a doctor. A pod, I think. I noticed that they com in two different thicknesses. The thinner one is for heels and shoes that you have very little room to spare in.

I have also seen Fabs at the http://www.feelgoodfast.com site. I get their catalog in the mail too, btw. It's a great source for good products. They usually carry things that are of very good quality.

Good luck, I plan to order some soon. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. What ever you end up settling on, Let us know how it works for you.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: ARCH+AID product

Steve on 2/16/01 at 07:51 (039124)

I tried the arch aid and it worked great. There was an article in the Indianapolis business journeal about it. It seemed to good to be true since it was only 15 buck at the store. But it cured my problem and now I wear them when I know I am going to be on my feet a lot. The PF has never returned and I am an athlete who pounds their feet almost daily.

Nacy f. on 2/16/01 at 12:23 (039158)

I like them alot and cant believe something this cheap can really work.

Brian G on 2/16/01 at 14:28 (039179)

Hey folks,

Do you wear the arch aids under your socks, or over them?

Thanks
BG

Steve B on 2/16/01 at 14:36 (039180)

I wear mine under my socks. The reason is they slipped when I used them over the sock. I love being able to go around my house barefoot or in slippers again.

salina on 2/16/01 at 18:24 (039193)

Thanks for the info.
I may actually buy a pair this weekend, if I can find this particular store that sells them. And I will be sure to let everyone know what I think about them. I am in quite a bit of pain right now, so I should definately be able to tell if they help me......any relief would be welcome.

steve b on 2/20/01 at 16:15 (039476)

Hey:

Did you ever get those arch aids? How did they do for you

Brian G on 2/22/01 at 16:48 (039669)

Hi Steve,

I ordrerd a couple pair yesterday. Should be getting them soon. The Arch Aids and the MSM tabs/cream are gonna make me a new man!

Brian G

Steve B on 2/27/01 at 12:42 (040001)

Kim:
I tried the Fabs. They were bulky and uncomfortable pressing on my arch so much that I could not wear them. They also cost me $36.00 dollars for the pair. Good luck

Steve

Kim B. on 2/15/01 at 22:44 (039100)

Hi Salina,

I saw a simular product just the other day in the Dr.Scholls and foot care section of a drug store. Though tempted for a moment, I passed. I have been wanting to get something like this and researched it somewhat, a while back, but then it got put on back burner.

I like what I've seen and read about a product called 'Fabs'. There was another one I had my eye on for awhile, but can't remember exactly what it was called. The Fabs stand out in my mind for some reason. I think because they are made of some kind of extra comfortable material. Comfort is very important because I will not wear them if they aren't good and comfortable. I am alergic to latex and they are latex free. Most elastic has some sort of latex in it, which irritates my sensitive skin.

Check the out at http://www.fabs.com . They have a ton of information and some testimonials too. I think Scott is planning to put them in his product show case area sometime in the future.

Do a word search in the message boards, and you will see some interesting threads regarding fabs. The prices seem to be about the same. Fabs are $29.95 for a pair. Some others, like the one you showed us sell them individually. That is kind of silly if you ask me. Even if a person only needs them for one foot, wearing them on both feet would help to keep your hips more aligned. Plus, if one foot goes bad, the other may not be far behind it, so it makes sence to me to use something as a preventative. They were invented by a doctor. A pod, I think. I noticed that they com in two different thicknesses. The thinner one is for heels and shoes that you have very little room to spare in.

I have also seen Fabs at the http://www.feelgoodfast.com site. I get their catalog in the mail too, btw. It's a great source for good products. They usually carry things that are of very good quality.

Good luck, I plan to order some soon. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. What ever you end up settling on, Let us know how it works for you.

Regards, Kim B.

Steve on 2/16/01 at 07:51 (039124)

I tried the arch aid and it worked great. There was an article in the Indianapolis business journeal about it. It seemed to good to be true since it was only 15 buck at the store. But it cured my problem and now I wear them when I know I am going to be on my feet a lot. The PF has never returned and I am an athlete who pounds their feet almost daily.

Nacy f. on 2/16/01 at 12:23 (039158)

I like them alot and cant believe something this cheap can really work.

Brian G on 2/16/01 at 14:28 (039179)

Hey folks,

Do you wear the arch aids under your socks, or over them?

Thanks
BG

Steve B on 2/16/01 at 14:36 (039180)

I wear mine under my socks. The reason is they slipped when I used them over the sock. I love being able to go around my house barefoot or in slippers again.

salina on 2/16/01 at 18:24 (039193)

Thanks for the info.
I may actually buy a pair this weekend, if I can find this particular store that sells them. And I will be sure to let everyone know what I think about them. I am in quite a bit of pain right now, so I should definately be able to tell if they help me......any relief would be welcome.

steve b on 2/20/01 at 16:15 (039476)

Hey:

Did you ever get those arch aids? How did they do for you

Brian G on 2/22/01 at 16:48 (039669)

Hi Steve,

I ordrerd a couple pair yesterday. Should be getting them soon. The Arch Aids and the MSM tabs/cream are gonna make me a new man!

Brian G

Steve B on 2/27/01 at 12:42 (040001)

Kim:
I tried the Fabs. They were bulky and uncomfortable pressing on my arch so much that I could not wear them. They also cost me $36.00 dollars for the pair. Good luck

Steve