Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar fasciitis

Posted by Marilyn Vowels on 2/15/01 at 18:46 (039078)

Dear Sir,
I understand there is research still going on with the plantar fasciitis diesease. Many people have told me that it is called orthotripsy. I would like to know where the treament facility is and is it still posible that I might volunteer for the study? Any information that you might have would be very much appreciated.

Re: Plantar fasciitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/15/01 at 19:37 (039083)

Orthotripsy is a word that is used by Healthronics to discribe ESWT with the ossatron machine. At this time it is my understanding that there is no FDA study going on. It was completed. The study showed once again that ESWT is very effective for the treatment of chronic heel pain

We have using ESWT for plantar fasciitis and or heel pain for the past year. We have performed over one hundred fifty procedure. Where do you live. We are outside of Philadelphia, Pa. If you would like addtional information about our office let Dr. Zuckerman know

Re: Plantar fasciitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/15/01 at 19:37 (039083)

Orthotripsy is a word that is used by Healthronics to discribe ESWT with the ossatron machine. At this time it is my understanding that there is no FDA study going on. It was completed. The study showed once again that ESWT is very effective for the treatment of chronic heel pain

We have using ESWT for plantar fasciitis and or heel pain for the past year. We have performed over one hundred fifty procedure. Where do you live. We are outside of Philadelphia, Pa. If you would like addtional information about our office let Dr. Zuckerman know