Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Different kind of pain post eswt - please tell me your experiences

Posted by Cynthia D on 2/16/01 at 10:18 (039138)

I am very happy to report that my right foot is cured of pf pain!! I am walking on it as if I never had any problems.

My left foot is a different story. I guess I realized how bad it is because my pt just called and asked is it better or worse than before ESWT. The pf type pain is totally gone in that foot too (yea), but I can't walk without crutches, leaning on something, or limping in a major way. The pain is on the left side of the center of the arch. It's like one tight, tingly ball of pain. I can't put weight on it. It improves 50% when elevated and the heel is dangling off something.

I am 11 days post treatment.

I know I need to give it more time, but has anyone ever had this experience? Do most people just walk around normally this soon after ESWT. Am I expecting too much? Help.

Re: Different kind of pain post eswt - please tell me your experiences

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/16/01 at 14:06 (039172)

Rest, hot soak. No bare feet. Take the vioxx. Gently up and down and moving the ankle without weight on the foot is the best way to get this going.

I have found that everyone is different and each foot will take a different amount of time.

Re: Different kind of pain post eswt - please tell me your experiences

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/16/01 at 14:06 (039172)

Rest, hot soak. No bare feet. Take the vioxx. Gently up and down and moving the ankle without weight on the foot is the best way to get this going.

I have found that everyone is different and each foot will take a different amount of time.